UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Build the stadium now. If we go undefeated in conference play, maybe we get a at large bid?

16209[/snapback]

Quite frankly, it will be tough. It depends how Lehigh and Delaware do for the rest of the season, as well as how other teams across the country do. There's also San Diego and Central Connecticut to compete with, but you control your own destiny against Central.

Anyway......A BIG CONGRATS! Looks like your program is on the move. Gotta love sending all those Blue Hen fans home with long faces :D

This would be like UAlbany basketball beating.......?????? I don't know much about 1-AA football what would this win be in terms of UA basketball?

16190[/snapback]

Oh my motherfin g-d. I did not get to listen to the game because my best friends aunt/uncle were in from Bethleham.

I AM IN SHOCK....OMG.

Honestly...this would be like us BEATING UCONN LAST YEAR.

Bottom line...we finish out undefeated...we are going to the IAA playoffs...PERIOD...END OF STORY.

I am going to just sit in front of the tv for a bit to take this in...HOLY $iena!

What would a sell out be????? 10k or somthing

16204[/snapback]

I don't think you could actually sell out with the hill seating and all. Anything over 7,000 is huge. Sacred Heart homecoming game in 2001 was about 6,000+ and the biggest crowd I've seen in recent years.

16206[/snapback]

A sellout would be 10k. BTW...I swear to you...I just had a tear actually come into my eye....I know y'all are UA supporters...but this win...is the biggest win in school history for football. FORD WORKED 34 years for this.

I have to say I was scared when UD was driving in the last minutes of the game. But after the interception it was a great relief, i doubt there will be a sell out against CCSU but probably a good 5-6k especially as word gets around campus. Again this definitly helps the push for a stadium and its probably one of the biggest wins in Ford's 34 years at UA he must feel great...

The turnout will - unfortunately - depend mostly on the weather. I hope it's great.

Here's the link to this morning's story in the TU:

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story...sdate=9/17/2006

I hate to be picky. I really think last night's victory was the greatest step forward for the UAlbany program in decades.

How does last night's win compare to Albany's defeat of Maine when Albany was still Division III? I don't recall Maine's status back then, except it was D I.

Also, when Albany played down at Central Florida, what was the attendance at that game? I know that the Montana game drew around 19,000.

Just wondering.

The Danes definitely have a challenge next weekend. Hope they can use home field advantage then to its fullest.

Go, Danes!

I believe Maine was in the old Yankee Conference then which I thought was considered D-I until the IA and IAA designations came about. Regardless, I remember the write up in the Times Union afterwards. A Maine fan was overheard by the TU reporter prior to the game asking "Who scheduled THIS team?". After the game the same fan was quoted as asking "WHO scheduled this team?" It was a wild high scoring affair. Albany didn't do a very good job of stopping Maine but Maine was completely flummoxed by Albany's wishbone attack.

Alum 72, you may be right about the Central Florida attendance being less than 15K but my fading memory banks tell me it was well over 10K.

I believe Maine was in the old Yankee Conference then which I thought was considered D-I until the IA and IAA designations came about.  Regardless, I remember the write up in the Times Union afterwards.  A Maine fan was overheard by the TU reporter prior to the game asking "Who scheduled THIS team?".  After the game the same fan was quoted as asking "WHO scheduled this team?"  It was a wild high scoring affair.  Albany didn't do a very good job of stopping Maine but Maine was completely flummoxed by Albany's wishbone attack. . . .

16247[/snapback]

If I remember the Maine game correctly, the game ended on a bizarre note. One team - I think it was Maine - kicked a field goal as time expired, but an offside call gave the team the chance to kick the FG again, and this time the Albany defenders came to the rescue and prevented the score.

Albany won the game by either one or two points and pulled the upset.

I may have these details totally screwed up; it happened so long ago.

• 12 years later...