UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

$2.38 billion budget SUNY Budget Proposed

GreatDanes06

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never understood why students argue against small annual tuition increases. You have to increase tuition a little bit yearly to keep up with inflation. Private schools go up every year. SUNY is going to go up eventually. Would you want a 5% increase a year or a 28% increase every five years. Doesn't it make more sense to phase it in and spread it out over time?

Still no news on whether the stadium is part of the SUNY request but this is a good article on our beloved AD. God bless Dr. McElroy. It's nice to see someone that's good at his/her job. Keep on fighting for UA and New York!

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...date=11/28/2007

Some more budget stuff:

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll...2/1061/COMMUN02

The State University of New York has unveiled its largest and most ambitious capital spending plan in recent history, with Binghamton University seeking $435 million out of the $9.03 billion SUNY requested over five years.

If full funding is approved, he said the East Gym -- which houses the university's recreation center -- would get a variety of improvements, including:

* An expansion of exercise facilities.

* An indoor running track.

* A swimming area (the gym currently has a lap pool).

Having efficient, well-maintained buildings is of paramount importance to BU, VanVoorst said. "The facilities are extremely important," he said.

$435 million!!!!!! I wonder how much is going to improve their athletic facilities. I hope its now over $60 million???

I'm not going to be a hater. God bless Bingo if they can get the money.

I just want UA to have something that looks like a college stadium. I still say relative to our national peers, this is a pretty modest request. I was very impressed with Central Michigan's stadium and they aren't even a flagship. Central who? Exactly. They're like 4th on the list for Michigan.

Is it in print anywhere how much UA has requested?

I can't find anything. I keeping running google searches and looking on the SUNY website for the actual budget request to be released. They have last year's up there, but not 2008-2009 yet.

Plus I think the Capital Spending request is separate and apart from the budget request. But I can't find UA details for either yet. I'm going to keep looking though.

Part of me hopes they keep the information under wraps. It sounds like it may be a tough budget process year. I'd hate to see our stadium turned into a political football. As long as it has a signiture from the governor and we break ground in the spring I'm happy.

Still no news on whether the stadium is part of the SUNY request but this is a good article on our beloved AD. God bless Dr. McElroy. It's nice to see someone that's good at his/her job. Keep on fighting for UA and New York!

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...date=11/28/2007

Nice article -- that's the kinda stuff the fans like to hear! So pleased with the never-tiring effort that Dr. M. has put in as our AD. I hope that "the powers that be" reward him accordingly.

Something new I found:

http://www.suny.edu/files/sunynewsfiles/pd...esentation1.pdf

Notice, only 3% of the strategic capital initiative requests related to athletics. That's $75,000,000 if I got it right. No specification as to what campuses requested what (except for the 'Bing article posted earlier in this thread).

Archived