UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Construction Updates

ATL_DANE

I was sorry to not see the completion of the entry plaza, lacrosse stadium and purple path prior to returning back to corporate life in Atlanta. Would someone be good enough to post pictures when these projects are complete? I am eagerly anticipating the arrival of the Great Dane statues that will sit at the base of the entry plaza. I would think they should arrive this month?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the look of the PP.

I haven't seen it at night yet though. Must look nice.

JFF's sideline area was a sea of dirt two days ago... UaAlum72 said they were pouring concrete last week.

As for the Entry Plaza, it looks as though most of the area is now open except for the large fountain area that they are still working on....

JFF's sideline area was a sea of dirt two days ago... UaAlum72 said they were pouring concrete last week.

The sixteen support posts are up; yesterday at lunch there was one concrete mixer pouring and another waiting, filling what must be footings further back. Assuming the concrete has to cure for a while before you can put a load on it, the steelwork may not start going up for a few weeks yet.

Are individuals allowed to walk their dog (on a leash) on campus (i.e., the Purple Path)? I don't see why not, but I also don't recall ever seeing anyone do so.

Dogs walk their people on campus all the time, especially around the pond area. Bring a baggy, though small dog leavings would hardly be be noticed amid the goose droppings.

The goslings usually hatch about now, so the adult geese are a little more territorial than usual.

Are individuals allowed to walk their dog (on a leash) on campus (i.e., the Purple Path)? I don't see why not, but I also don't recall ever seeing anyone do so.

I don't recall that the walkway was named the "Purple and Gold" path.

http://www.albany.edu/gogreen/news/you-can...from-here.shtml

It's the Purple Path and the Golden Grid (complementary bikeway and pedestrian connections)

Would someone be good enough to post pictures when these projects are complete?

The first support columns at JFF

dscn0401eb3.jpg

More digging between JFF and the bubble

dscn0403jy1.jpg

The Purple Path's end by the baseball field

dscn0413bl0.jpg

Path by the Western Avenue entrance

dscn0410lz1.jpg

Path's end by the RACC parking lot - macadam bikepath on left, gravel walking path to the right

dscn0408mp7.jpg

Something else being built between the RACC lot and JFF?

dscn0407ba3.jpg

Also a paved path is being built on the south end of JFF, behind the scoreboard

a beautiful thing to see construction going on around the athletic facilities. I don't know what you think Alum, but wouldn't you think whatever they are doing between the parking lot and JFF and most of JFF they are going to want to get done before the Giants come in to town?

I don't know what you think Alum, but wouldn't you think whatever they are doing between the parking lot and JFF and most of JFF they are going to want to get done before the Giants come in to town?

I would think so. Otherwise they'll have to go thru SEFCU arena and the parking lot to get to the practice fields. They've got what, 8 or 9 weeks until camp starts?

When they started I thought that last part may have just been access for the construction vehicles, but those trenches look like something more permanent, like a walkway from the lot to the lax field.

Archived