UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Construction Updates

ATL_DANE

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

any updates on the lacrosse field? I would think with the Giants less then a week away, construction would be going to get as much done etc...because of the possibility of record crowds. Any other construction going on? I plan on coming up to help move my brother in near the end of August. Just wanted to know of updates.

I see the purple path has been marked completed by the facilities website, so it must look nice now that we are in mid-late july. I liked the new pictures presented on the facilities website of the entry plaza. I didn't realize the fountains where in-ground and they spit up like they did. I thought it was going to be a fountain! But I like the new idea. However, what is yet to be installed? Are they just waiting on the statues?

I am guessing the cross walk for empire commons is finishing up. Glad that is finally getting done around that area.

There was a week-long Teamsters (concrete truck drivers) walkout in the area that was settled Tuesday. The grandstand area is kind of looking more 'finished' but I haven't seen the steelwork arrive yet. They also dug a couple of big holes (more drainage?) between JFF and Indian quad.

any updates on the lacrosse field? I would think with the Giants less then a week away, construction would be going to get as much done etc...because of the possibility of record crowds. Any other construction going on? I plan on coming up to help move my brother in near the end of August. Just wanted to know of updates.

I see the purple path has been marked completed by the facilities website, so it must look nice now that we are in mid-late july. I liked the new pictures presented on the facilities website of the entry plaza. I didn't realize the fountains where in-ground and they spit up like they did. I thought it was going to be a fountain! But I like the new idea. However, what is yet to be installed? Are they just waiting on the statues?

I am guessing the cross walk for empire commons is finishing up. Glad that is finally getting done around that area.

Entry Plaza link for the lazy

http://www.albany.edu/facilities/entry_plaza.html#thumb

can't they just put up some temporary goal posts and throw down some football lines so the team can play at the JFF until the stadium is built.

Don't get me started. Football can't even practice on John Fallon Field.

speaking of construction, did you read pete's tu blog:

Siena invades UAlbany?

July 24, 2008 at 4:26 pm by Pete Iorizzo, Staff writer

Just wanted to pass along this observation from Giants training camp here at UAlbany:

I’m driving around one of the myriad detours on campus caused by summer construction, when I noticed this — a truck with a Siena logo and the words “Let’s go Saints!” painted on the side pouring cement right near Colonial Quad.

I figured this is either a partnership or sabotage.

Apparently, it’s neither. A local company, Callanan Industries, has at least two such trucks — one with a Siena logo, one with a UAlbany logo. For some reason, the company dispatched the Siena truck to work at UAlbany.

I’m sure there is a joke to be made here, so feel free to make it for me.

can't they just put up some temporary goal posts and throw down some football lines so the team can play at the JFF until the stadium is built.

And even if they could, JFF has only half the seating of the football field without much hillside for overflow. It's only big enough for football if it's pouring rain or freezing.

And even if they could, JFF has only half the seating of the football field without much hillside for overflow. It's only big enough for football if it's pouring rain or freezing.

All the home games will likely be freezing this year considering they don't start until the middle of October. :glare:

even that right there is a beautiful sight to see. wow! They are putting locker rooms and bathrooms in also correct? or was that taken out?

Toilets, I hope so. Locker room, I doubt - maybe enough space for a halftime meeting, but not lockers and showers.

Discovered another notice under 'facilities alert'

Estimated End: 9/30/2008

Construction of a steel-frame bleacher seating complex with press box adjacent to the existing artificial turf lacrosse field at the University’s athletic complex. Construction shall include but is not limited to; sitework for the new seating complex, installation of a new sanitary line system, construction of new landscape features and surfaces, new electrical services, plantings and other landscaping, and site infrastructure supporting this work and future expansion.

Archived