UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Construction Updates

ATL_DANE

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our kids are gonna freaking love playing on that SWEET field. Undoubtedly will also help with recruiting, or am I wrong there?

Certainly better than what we had, but it still won't compare to Homewood or the Carrier Dome or the other schools that play in their football stadiums. But game atmosphere will be better in a dedicated lacrosse field than in front of 25,000 empty seats, and I can see where a recruit might prefer outdoors to the dome (if he doesn't know how cold it is here in March).

Our kids are gonna freaking love playing on that SWEET field. Undoubtedly will also help with recruiting, or am I wrong there?

Certainly better than what we had, but it still won't compare to Homewood or the Carrier Dome or the other schools that play in their football stadiums. But game atmosphere will be better in a dedicated lacrosse field than in front of 25,000 empty seats, and I can see where a recruit might prefer outdoors to the dome (if he doesn't know how cold it is here in March).

Certainly is much better than what we had... seeing that we had NADA!

I made it down to the campus the other day. The JFF seating looks Impressive in person. Much larger than what I thought might be put up. When it's all finished, I think everyone is going to be pleased, including the recruits.

Question: The upper, middle section of seating is missing. How much of that upper middle is going to be taken up by the press box.... anyone know?

It was a sunny day... the entry plaza had it's fountains going... University Hall was glistening in the sun... IT LOOKED GREAT! The purple path certainly looks nice, and is an improvement to the Western Avenue entrance. If we can continue with those types of improvements, the campus will greatly benefit.

Question: The upper, middle section of seating is missing. How much of that upper middle is going to be taken up by the press box.... anyone know?

Couldn't get a good angle - the press box is about the full width of the opening, but doesn't look as deep

dscn0450hi3.jpg

dscn0449yk6.jpg

I would imagine the big "hole" in the middle of the bleachers is just there to allow installation of the press box. I'm thinking that once the box is installed, gap will be filled in with additional steel support beems and bleachers.

That's a pure guess though. The press box is too small to fill that gap and what else could they do with it?

Thanks UA72... great pics as usual.

My question is: will the seating be extended all the way to the top, flush even at the top with the other seating, and then the press box extended farther up? Or will the press box be placed say in the last 4 or 5 rows of seating on top?

A few people sitting right on the sides of the press box will have an obstructed view if the 2nd scenerio happens.

Thanks UA72... great pics as usual.

My question is: will the seating be extended all the way to the top, flush even at the top with the other seating, and then the press box extended farther up? Or will the press box be placed say in the last 4 or 5 rows of seating on top?

A few people sitting right on the sides of the press box will have an obstructed view if the 2nd scenerio happens.

usually the back fo the press box is even with the back of the bleachers. But there is generally a walkway at the very top that is equal is width to the press box. Then the first row of bleachers seats starts where the front of the press box is so as to not have that obstruction you are referring to. I've seen it like that in a few bleacher setups.

This week they've been pouring concrete for a sidewalk down to field level

dscn0453ih1.jpg

and a ramp to the grandstand's first row

dscn0456av0.jpg

under the grandstand to what may be a tunnel entrance to the stands

dscn0457oy7.jpg

and it does look like there will be some kind of structure behind the seating

dscn0458th2.jpg

This week they've been pouring concrete for a sidewalk down to field level

dscn0453ih1.jpg

and a ramp to the grandstand's first row

dscn0456av0.jpg

under the grandstand to what may be a tunnel entrance to the stands

dscn0457oy7.jpg

and it does look like there will be some kind of structure behind the seating

dscn0458th2.jpg

Is this the same cement company that the lesser beat writter Iorizzo was blogging about a couple of weeks ago. If so

1 ) I don't see a lets go $iena in the picture and

2) Good thing because there is a lot more business on the UA campus than up in that surburn campus. That company ought to just retire the $iena logo until they actually need cement for construction.

Thanks for the pictures. I haven't been on campus in a while. Too busy going to ball games.

Archived