UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Next Years OOC Schedule

I don't want games versus the NEC!

I want the most difficult games possible.

I'd like to see as many big names as possible on our schedule. I'd like to see UConn, Syracuse, and Boston College on our schedule every year. Add a UMass game to that annual list. All away games within easy driving distance.

Then, I'd like to sprinkle in 3 or 4 more big names, all of which could be a bit farther away, but still in reasonable driving distance..... Teams like Villanova, Virginia, Georgetown, Penn State.... etc. etc., etc.

How difficult is it to schedule these types of programs?

Now, for the real reason I'm writing....

It is my understanding that Will Brown and Jamie Dixon are good friends. Is it true? If it's not, forget what I'm about to say. If so, how about playing the friendship card, and scheduling a UAlbany / Pitt game every year? There hasn't been a UAlbany Pitt game yet between the two.

I'd love to get a decent home slate this season. Playing 5 or 6 real UP games against the likes of Pitt, Duke, Kansas is not necessarily a good thing. We'll get shelled in probably all of these types of game. I'm cool with 2 maybe 3 truly up, big time games. Schedule the rest against low level BE teams or mid A-10 etc. Something winnable....

Has anyone heard anything about home OOC games?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nov 14 at (23) Villanova L 60-78

Nov 17 at DePaul L 64-75

Nov 19 at Bryant W 76-67

Nov 22 Central Conn. St. W 68-67

Nov 25 at Columbia W 66-49

Nov 29 Pennsylvania W 73-63

Dec 1 Bryant W 57-47

Dec 6 at Siena L 64-71

Dec 8 at Lehigh L 64-65

Dec 13 Canisius W 74-46

Dec 20 at Sacred Heart W 60-59

Dec 22 at St. Francis (NY) W 68-56

Dec 30 at Kansas L 43-79

Away games = black

I'd rather go play Syracuse away, than play Bryant at home.

I'd rather go play Boston College away, than play CCSU at home.

I'd rather go play UConn away, than play Canisius at home.

But, we scheduled 9 away games out of 14 total OOC this past year anyways.

Certainly, 3 games versus BIG basketball schools is good. 1 against a good $iena team. I'm thankful for that.

5 away games that aren't worth much. Why not throw away the 5 underlined away games, and schedule a few more, along the lines of the Syracuses, Depauls, UConns ... and a UMass out there?

The more this country sees UAlbany playing big time programs, regardless of a win or loss, the more they associate UAlbany with top level basketball. Recruits also look at who we play, and the schedules that we put together. The better the schedule, the more attractive it is to play here.

Nov 17 at DePaul L 64-75

Nov 19 at Bryant W 76-67

Dec 1 Bryant W 57-47

Dec 6 at Siena L 64-71

Dec 8 at Lehigh L 64-65

Dec 13 Canisius W 74-46

Dec 30 at Kansas L 43-79

Away games = black

Certainly, 3 games versus BIG basketball schools is good. 1 against a good $iena team. I'm thankful for that.

5 away games that aren't worth much. Why not throw away the 5 underlined away games, and schedule a few more, along the lines of the Syracuses, Depauls, UConns ... and a UMass out there?

The more this country sees UAlbany playing big time programs, regardless of a win or loss, the more they associate UAlbany with top level basketball. Recruits also look at who we play, and the schedules that we put together. The better the schedule, the more attractive it is to play here.

IMO, it has to be a balancing act...yeh go out and play some up games and some un-winnable "money games" but it does no one any good to load up the schedule with 14 BE, SEC and ACC teams and go 3-11......there have to be some winnable games, so schedule the middle-low A-10 schools, maybe some CAA schools etc. I'm all for having a strong schedule, for playing in historical venues such as the Palestra and Cameron Indoor.

I know it's easier said then done but I'd love to see some CAA school in our house...something like that, a team from a more established league. I'm just throwing it out there, last years home slate was OK, nothing special. Regardless...I'd be there for 10 NJIT games if that's who we scheduled.

Nov 17 at DePaul L 64-75

Nov 19 at Bryant W 76-67

Dec 1 Bryant W 57-47

Dec 6 at Siena L 64-71

Dec 8 at Lehigh L 64-65

Dec 13 Canisius W 74-46

Dec 30 at Kansas L 43-79

Away games = black

IMO, it has to be a balancing act...yeh go out and play some up games and some un-winnable "money games" but it does no one any good to load up the schedule with 14 BE, SEC and ACC teams and go 3-11......there have to be some winnable games, so schedule the middle-low A-10 schools, maybe some CAA schools etc. I'm all for having a strong schedule, for playing in historical venues such as the Palestra and Cameron Indoor.

I know it's easier said then done but I'd love to see some CAA school in our house...something like that, a team from a more established league. I'm just throwing it out there, last years home slate was OK, nothing special. Regardless...I'd be there for 10 NJIT games if that's who we scheduled.

NO MORE NEC PLEASE! Plus only top IVY programs like Cornell Penn and Princeton.

We have had St. Bona and UD home and home series, so I don't see why we couldn't schedule these types of teams in the A10 and CAA.

Are you new to college basketball?

Who are you directing that question to?

probably me. i echo the statements of everyone else and i get this wise ass question asked to me.

to answer your question yes i am new to college basketball, never seen it in my life. please enlighten me.

Well...it was rhetorical. You do know there needs to be balance in the schedule; you do know that schedules are often done a couple of years in advance without a real feel of what a team could be like down the road; and you do realize that their is some financial incentive of the program to play big time teams...and then put gimmies on the schedule...instead of playing BIG TIME TEAMS...and TOUGH CAA TOP teams.

You dont want to go into conference play 2-10....and you absolutely need the big program games. How do you think the lockerroom was paid for?

Seriously...are yo kidding...and I am not saying there wont be...but...we have a VERY VERY YOUNG TEAM NEXT YEAR and will be playing:

at Siena (rivalry and 13k+)

at Penn (always good...and they were young this year...and at the Palestra)

possibly at UCF (they were the nations youngest team...and scared a bunch of people in C-USA)

possibly at USF (i dont care what they finished...they are in the Big East)

at either UNC, NC STATE, or DUKE (nuff said on that one).

I mean really? That is a killer schedule...with only the Penn game an even match-up. We will be heavy underdogs at any of the Tobacco road games, at USF, and at Siena. Slight underdogs against UCF.

actually we are going to have 4 Sr, assuming Mcrae comes back, 2 Jr, 1 RSSo, 2RSFr and 3Fr

it is young, but i wouldn't call it very very young

Well...it was rhetorical. You do know there needs to be balance in the schedule; you do know that schedules are often done a couple of years in advance without a real feel of what a team could be like down the road; and you do realize that their is some financial incentive of the program to play big time teams...and then put gimmies on the schedule...instead of playing BIG TIME TEAMS...and TOUGH CAA TOP teams.

You dont want to go into conference play 2-10....and you absolutely need the big program games. How do you think the lockerroom was paid for?

understand that, but no one here said play bcs teams and the tough caa and a10 teams. we said mid to low level teams which are defenitley beatable.

Come on guys, give me some home games. I'd like to watch some basketball next year.

I don't want four games against the NEC either but I don't think we're "too good" or "they're beneath us" to play them either. If we play the top programs in the four regional midmajor conferences (MAAC, NEC, Patriot, and Ivy), sprinkle in a couple of guarantee games I'd be happy.

For the rest of the games, my wishlist:

Buffalo

Hofstra

UMass

Come on guys, give me some home games. I'd like to watch some basketball next year.

I don't want four games against the NEC either but I don't think we're "too good" or "they're beneath us" to play them either. If we play the top programs in the four regional midmajor conferences (MAAC, NEC, Patriot, and Ivy), sprinkle in a couple of guarantee games I'd be happy.

For the rest of the games, my wishlist:

Buffalo

Hofstra

UMass

I'm with you DP, money games are great but can we get some OK home games?

Archived