UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

OT - facilities - Jets practicing at Cortland

Hopefully she was up on her immunizations...otherwise, hopefully she didn't sit on the rusty bleachers. :rolleyes:

Admittedly, I don't pay much attention to the football stadium questions, but, weren't the rusty bleachers on the visitors side replaced a few months ago? Or, were they just painted over?

Hopefully she was up on her immunizations...otherwise, hopefully she didn't sit on the rusty bleachers. :rolleyes:

Admittedly, I don't pay much attention to the football stadium questions, but, weren't the rusty bleachers on the visitors side replaced a few months ago? Or, were they just painted over?

Painted over..

A reminder the Jets are on ESPN tonight at 8. Let's see if Barksdale gets any playing time.

He played a good deal in the second half last week (I watched the replay on the NFL network). He also had a pretty good week of camp from what I can gather from the practice blurbs. The one thing I was pleased to see in last week's game was that he was flying in hard on running plays. Something he has never had to do while playing corner.

I thought I saw him once on the field, and he was on the side away from the ball on the last onside kick, but I didn't see him on the field otherwise - not that I could force myself to pay that close attention to an exhibition game.

I watched the 4th quarter and he played the whole time at FS. They even brought him up to the line to bump a flexed tight end. He was on the opposite side of the field from the onsides kick and wasn't a factor. He played pretty well on defense, but nothing spectacular. I'm not sure if he got credited for any tackles or not, but he was in the mix on a few plays.

And fwiw, if the Jets are willing to sign a kid like the Woodhead(?) kid (RB that played the majority of the 2nd half) then I have to think McCarty will get a shot. He's much bigger and a better runner than that kid is. We'll see though. I have a feeling that kid ran a fast 40, which is over analyzed for RB's, IMO.

T-U story yesterday about RPI's season preview refers to their new 5,000-seat field as "giant" and "miniature NFL stadium". Can't wait to hear what they say about what we hope we'll be getting.

MF_0829_RPI_FOOTBALL_3_.jpg

Still waiting for the Albany preview.

T-U story yesterday about RPI's season preview refers to their new 5,000-seat field as "giant" and "miniature NFL stadium". Can't wait to hear what they say about what we hope we'll be getting.

MF_0829_RPI_FOOTBALL_3_.jpg

Still waiting for the Albany preview.

The stadium is a nice DIII stadium, but I'm not really impressed (Cortland's is nicer, IMO) or at all as envious as I thought I would be when the plans were announced. Its small time.

Archived