UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

http://www.ualbanysports.com/attachments1/71588.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=15800

They may be the smallest Defense we have faced this season. That doesnt mean they will be weak, but we should be able to wear them down. I don't want to jinx us but I think we run this team out of their own facility. One of their QB's is gone for the year making them a one dimensional running team. McCarty is playing so I really like our chances Saturday.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one is for all the marbles...right? The only two undefeated teams in conference.

Well not quite.

2 more NEC games after this one, but we should be heavy favorites. CCSU still has to play Monmouth, which means we could lose this one and still win a share of the title.

As always, let's not take ANYONE lightly.

Out of all NEC games this year for UA, I doubt ANYONE on the team

is taking CCSU lightly.

Wagner is also undefeated in the NEC, but I see them having at least

2 loses in their last 4 games.

Wagner lost to Bryant, which I believe counts.

CCSU is light years ahead of Wagner though.

is taking CCSU lightly.

Yeah, you're right. They did lose to Bryant.

Without looking, wasn't it the 2-6 game?

What's the deal, their games count, but they couldn't take the NEC title?

is taking CCSU lightly.

Yeah, you're right. They did lose to Bryant.

Without looking, wasn't it the 2-6 game?

What's the deal, their games count, but they couldn't take the NEC title?

I believe their games count but they aren't eligible for the conference championship. Kind of a double-edged sword. They can lose it for people, but they cannot win it themslves. There was a controversy last year over Central Arkansas who is a transitioning team in the Southland. They had the best record in the Southland, but the NCAA wouldn't allow the Southland to officially declare them the conference champion. I think it would work the same way.

And as for the Bryant vs. Wagner game - it was played in a torrential downpour with 15+ mph winds. Bryant dominated the game completely. The safety was on a bad Bryant punt snap out of the endzone. Bryant held Wagner to 104 total yards of offense and put up 300+ on them. Wagner only ran 47 plays!

CCSU usually has a faster, smaller d line..but as long as our o line can pick up their slanting and S-M angles and all that baloney, we should be able to run it down there throats all day..

Reminds me very much the matchup two years ago at their place. 49-14 with 341 rushing yards!

CCSU is going to be down big time without their QB.

Its not going to be easy, but the way we looked on Saturday against Monmouth, I don't think it should be close.

That also depends on whether McCarty's ankle was really bad or whether Fordie just sat him for rest.

I'm thinking of making this trip. It looks like a little less than 3 hours from Albany. Weather forecast is a few showers (30%) 65 degrees in New Britain.

At most this should be 2 hours 10 minutes from UA. It is 126 miles from campus to campus. I was thinking about going also. With the noon start I will be back in plenty of time for RPI's hockey game.

Alum73, I'll talk to you at fridays volleyball game if you want to ride over together.

On Wyland, Ford said if it was just the McCarty's wrist they could soft-cast it, but the ankle isn't letting him cut yet. Still two days of therapy before the game.

He didn't mention, as the CCSU board has, that Wankett is out at QB for CCSU and it will only be Aubrey Norris.

Archived