UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

On Wyland, Ford said if it was just the McCarty's wrist they could soft-cast it, but the ankle isn't letting him cut yet. Still two days of therapy before the game.

He didn't mention, as the CCSU board has, that Wankett is out at QB for CCSU and it will only be Aubrey Norris.

ughh...sounds like a high ankle sprain. Those never seem to heel right until extended time off after the season. Hopefully its not, but that's what it sounds like to me.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey if #3 can't go #10 will and should become a full blown tail back. The kid is a thoroughbred. He is one of those kids we are lucky to have. He is on a full ride and was being recruited by UMASS and New Hampshire. #10 is the future.

I completely agree! I think we win with or without McCarty. It would be a heck of a lot easier with him of course, but Smith has really come into his own.

I'd still like to see him in the Wildcat and throwing more. He's 2 for 2 on the season and the pass he threw on the end-around last week to Bush was a great great ball. I think the kid can play QB. The question is whether we'll need him at RB next year instead.

Anyway, a game like this is a good reminder of how spoiled we've been as fans of this team the last 3 years. Gannon would be a starting RB at any other school in the NEC (besides Monmouth) and we have him as our backup! Smith is a 6'2, 220lb QB that is averaging 6 yards a carry running the ball and 25+ returning kicks! Amazing!

Hey if #3 can't go #10 will and should become a full blown tail back. The kid is a thoroughbred. He is one of those kids we are lucky to have. He is on a full ride and was being recruited by UMASS and New Hampshire. #10 is the future.

I completely agree! I think we win with or without McCarty. It would be a heck of a lot easier with him of course, but Smith has really come into his own.

I'd still like to see him in the Wildcat and throwing more. He's 2 for 2 on the season and the pass he threw on the end-around last week to Bush was a great great ball. I think the kid can play QB. The question is whether we'll need him at RB next year instead.

Anyway, a game like this is a good reminder of how spoiled we've been as fans of this team the last 3 years. Gannon would be a starting RB at any other school in the NEC (besides Monmouth) and we have him as our backup! Smith is a 6'2, 220lb QB that is averaging 6 yards a carry running the ball and 25+ returning kicks! Amazing!

I Truly agree that Andrew is a stud. With running ability and kick off return ability I believe he will be the next record breaking tailback . There are options at qb next year and they should continue with the wildcat. I believe the future is very bright .

I know we aren't done with this season and we have an important game to this weekend but I just can't help it and ask...not to spend to much time on it....but what are the VERY VERY EARLY expectations for next season? My curiosity got the best of me...hopefully I'm not completely out of line.

Let's kick CCSU in the mouth this Saturday!

I know we aren't done with this season and we have an important game to this weekend but I just can't help it and ask...not to spend to much time on it....but what are the VERY VERY EARLY expectations for next season? My curiosity got the best of me...hopefully I'm not completely out of line.

Getting better by the week, IMO. Coming into this year I thought we would hurting really bad next year. Each week another young guy stands out. We'll be down on defense for sure next year, but we haven't had a defense this good in years, if ever. So a little dropoff in defense won't kill us.

Besides - all we have to do next year is win the NEC! Win the NEC next year and we have a date on ESPN2 in the playoffs on Thanksgiving weekend.

I hope we win this week solidly and blowout Wagner and RMU. That should let us get Dan Dillella some time at QB. If Smith is the future at RB, Dilella will be at QB. He may be the first true passing QB we've ever had. 6'5", 220lbs

Getting better by the week, IMO. Coming into this year I thought we would hurting really bad next year. Each week another young guy stands out. We'll be down on defense for sure next year, but we haven't had a defense this good in years, if ever. So a little dropoff in defense won't kill us.

Besides - all we have to do next year is win the NEC! Win the NEC next year and we have a date on ESPN2 in the playoffs on Thanksgiving weekend.

I hope we win this week solidly and blowout Wagner and RMU. That should let us get Dan Dillella some time at QB. If Smith is the future at RB, Dilella will be at QB. He may be the first true passing QB we've ever had. 6'5", 220lbs

He could be the next Joe Flacco!

How many full scholy players on this team other then Drew?

I'm not sure. I think we're at 32 or 34 overall right now, but I don't remember word of whether there were any full scholarships given out to the latest recruiting class.

NONE.

At least that is what I was told.

I would suspect the next few cycles will see more full scholly kids. MY guess is once we hits 40 rides...we will give out 20 full rides...and split the rest. Remember, the reason the Patriot didnt want us was the competitive pricing advantage. A kid with a half-ride from NYS is paying what...40k for a college degree?!?!

I wish I only had that loan.

I think we will have a good recieving corp coming back a good running game. alot of the younger defensive player are getting some good playing time this year . It is going to be a very important spring this year and ther should be some great competition in all positions . What does it look like for the o-line, other runningbacks and quarterbacks? Anyone have any info

I think we will have a good recieving corp coming back a good running game. alot of the younger defensive player are getting some good playing time this year . It is going to be a very important spring this year and ther should be some great competition in all positions . What does it look like for the o-line, other runningbacks and quarterbacks? Anyone have any info

UAfootballLI has a good beat on the line situation, but Kevin Richards is the only Senior on the OL two-deep right now. Paul Booker is also showing some incredible signs at TE.

I'm shady on any other RB's. We haven't seen anything besides Smith. I did hear that there are some stud RB's that came into this class, including a kid that's a walk-on and was the MVP of the NYC-Long Island all-star game last year. He's also running track. I watched the LI game and he was incredibly fast.

Archived