UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

'10-'11 Schedule

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool find click..interesting site..I especially like how they try to 'sell' themselves.."we have x of our top x players graduating"..etc.

I have no idea what our schedule already looks like..but I wonder how many of these schools would actually be willing to do..and start..a home and home with us.

There are some potential quality/fun mid-major opponents..

Stephen F. Austin

Indiana State

Kent State

Cornell (I believe we played a few years ago)

Western Kentucky

College of Charleston

Northeastern

Duquesne

Virginia Commonwealth (They came to SEFCU in 06-07..after our BB game with them the year before)

While it's BCS..Penn State is looking for a H/H to start on the road..Talor Battle (Bishop Maginn) will be a senior..it's fun to dream! :)

hope we have a few non-con games at home in November and December. should be some returns for all the road games played this past season.

Looking at last years schedule...we started series with the following teams not sure if any of these were one and done or not. I know the game with UCF was a one and done.

Games possibly coming back - American, FAU, Iona, Loyola Chicago (might be a one and done)

EDIT: Scratch Loyola they payed to have us come. Iona is coming back.

Schedule pretty much done according to the interview a little while ago (days) on Whylands show. Some dates/times might still move around but otherwise done.

It would be nice to get some of the mid-major bball teams into home-and-homes for basketball and football.

Just to name a few off the top of my head:

Old Dominion

Butler

Murray State

Illinois State

Cornell

I'm sure there are a ton more.

Cool find click..interesting site..I especially like how they try to 'sell' themselves.."we have x of our top x players graduating"..etc.

I have no idea what our schedule already looks like..but I wonder how many of these schools would actually be willing to do..and start..a home and home with us.

There are some potential quality/fun mid-major opponents..

Stephen F. Austin

Indiana State

Kent State

Cornell (I believe we played a few years ago)

Western Kentucky

College of Charleston

Northeastern

Duquesne

Virginia Commonwealth (They came to SEFCU in 06-07..after our BB game with them the year before)

While it's BCS..Penn State is looking for a H/H to start on the road..Talor Battle (Bishop Maginn) will be a senior..it's fun to dream! :)

I think penn st would do a home and home with siena

I think penn st would do a home and home with siena

Yeah, but will LCC agree to that or arrogantly think Penn State should play 2 here and 1 in PA.

I hope they play UA instead and if need be we get the game in the Knick arena. remember the Knick is pushing to get UA to play a game or 2 there.

No offense people, but would you stop starting threads about or talking about lccc for that matter. It's making me sick to my stomach.

And to top it off, a thread is started about an opinion of the bozo that's trying to fundamentally ruin our republic. Call congress. If you need links, I have them.

No offense people, but would you stop starting threads about or talking about lccc for that matter. It's making me sick to my stomach.

And to top it off, a thread is started about an opinion of the bozo that's trying to fundamentally ruin our republic. Call congress. If you need links, I have them.

????..is this sarcasm or something I'm missing here??..you mention Siena in this board on a regular basis.

While I agree the threads tend to get a bit Siena heavy..this time it actually makes sense to discuss them..Penn State's looking for a home and home to start on the road..Talor Battle is a senior and is from Albany..there are two DI schools in the area he could play a Homecoming game at..UAlbany..and Siena.

Instead of worrying about when Siena is mentioned..how about we keep political opinions out of a college/sports forum?

????..is this sarcasm or something I'm missing here??..you mention Siena in this board on a regular basis.

While I agree the threads tend to get a bit Siena heavy..this time it actually makes sense to discuss them..Penn State's looking for a home and home to start on the road..Talor Battle is a senior and is from Albany..there are two DI schools in the area he could play a Homecoming game at..UAlbany..and Siena.

Instead of worrying about when Siena is mentioned..how about we keep political opinions out of a college/sports forum?

The siena thing is a bit sarcastic. The very name turns my stomach.

If political comments aren't desired, then starting threads regarding the most polarizing political figure in this country isn't recommended.

The siena thing is a bit sarcastic. The very name turns my stomach.

If political comments aren't desired, then starting threads regarding the biggest political figure in this country isn't recommended. I'd advise keeping heads from being buried in the sand at this moment.

That thread was about his picks and I took it lighthearted. No different than when a president throws the first ball at a baseball game in my opinion.

I hate the highlanders/yankers, and there was plenty to criticize Bush on in his 8 years at the white house. Throwing out the first pitch at the 2001 world series is not one of them in my opinion. If you don't like the current president, fine in my opinion. But any one who gets bent out of shape for him enjoying basketball and thus doing a bracket is insane in my opinion.

I am not saying you are saying that, I have seen people whining that the president shouldn't be doing picks

I already commented on that thread and what I felt. The president has more important things to take care of than make his ncaa pool picks. The guy has played more rounds of golf than any president and has traveled all around the world for no reason. I'm done talking politics and now back to ua basketball.

Hopefully we can get penn state to play us at the tuc. That would be great. As far as siena goes I don't care enough about them to hate them. I hate them when we play them but after that I can careless what they do. All I know is they have had 4 20+ win seasons with 3 tournament appearances and 2 wins and they have done something right with their bball program.

Taran Buie will be a freshman at Penn St. next year too. How about a four year deal with them, in Albany this year and at the end of the contract and at Penn State the two years in between. Probably a pipe dream but then again I never thought I'd see Illinois at Stony Brook either.

As unexciting as this sounds regarding next year's schedule I'm going to say it anyway. We just lost 25 games this year, I'd like to see us schedule some winnable games and get some confidence. I won't be disappointed if we are heavy with NEC, Ivies and Patriot league teams, essentially what Stony Brook did with their schedule this year. Get some wins and some confidence, if we do well build towards a more aggressive schedule the year after to test us a little more.

Archived