UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Official news on Stadium & Track

danefan

http://www.albany.ed...ncampus_web.pdf

Page 53 and 54.

PLAN IS TO RELOCATE FOOTBALL FACILITY WITH MODEST UPGRADES SO THAT TRACK CAN BE FULLY REPAIRED AND MADE COMPLIANT WITH NCAA STANDARDS

What any of this means is beyond me.

I'm ecstatic that they are renovating the track. But anything with "modest" in front of football is setting very very low expectations.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my understanding of the article makes me think it really isn't all that big of deal to that community...I guess it seems crazy to us since we can't get that many to fill any kind of arena for any sport in the capital district, but down there it isn't out of the ordinary at all. As they say high school football is life in texas...plus the size of the entire budget for that district is HUGE. I'm not so sure its as simple as they make it sound in the article but it mentioned the split created in the budget that wouldn't allow that money to be used for "general education purposes"...if only the Suny System had provisions like that it its budget, our facilities might actually get addressed haha

Has nothing to do with how big football is. I know plenty of people living in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area...and it has absolutely been hit by the rescession. And as someone who works with capital funding everyday...I know there argument is bull$iena.

They could use that money to build additions to the school...etc...etc...

Soo......getting back on topic.

Modest upgrades - what does that mean?

Current seating capacity is roughly 5,000. Modest upgrades to me means at least 5,000 seats with field turf.

Could they possibly build a facility with less than 5,000 seats? Doesn't it just seem like a complete waste? If that's the plan, they'd be better off putting goal posts up on the lacrosse field next year.

Soo......getting back on topic.

Modest upgrades - what does that mean?

Current seating capacity is roughly 5,000. Modest upgrades to me means at least 5,000 seats with field turf.

Could they possibly build a facility with less than 5,000 seats? Doesn't it just seem like a complete waste? If that's the plan, they'd be better off putting goal posts up on the lacrosse field next year.

If there is a commitment to do this in phases...I'll sit on the freaking ground if they start SOMETHING. Make SOME progress...please, for the love of all that is holy and just.

Put a turf field in and goal posts up...who needs a scoreboard? We'll just have cheerleaders hold up huge numbers all game and rent a giant clock!

Texas does ALOT of things well. They realize the importance of a well rounded state university system, and that having nationally competitive athletic programs and facilities is an important factor that helps draw the higher quality students to their universities. Afterall, college students LOVE to support quality athletic programs, and so do the local communities.

It sounds like that Dallas suburb community is supporting a heck of alot more than just a football stadium in that package. If that town voted and decided it wanted a stadium, then the more power to them. That's how this country is supposed to work, at the state and local level.

I have to convince myself that the wording 'modest' is just part of keeping the naysayers at bay. Afterall, who wants to blow our trumpets and call out all of those 'haters' of suny athletics, the ones who hate to fund a dime for any athletic program.

To be honest, it sounds like just another mention of a 'renovation' in a long long long list of mentions. That's all it ever is on this topic.

I'm happy to hear that they are going to renovate the current track and that it's a priority. The current facility could look nice for track, if they do it the correct way, including giving attention to the seats!

We've been talking about what the 'modest' renovation could mean, but what time frame are we guessing through this particular mention?

Archived