UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium: Architecture, Engineering, and Design AWARDED!

Worst post EVER in the history of this board...

So after his debut post, he's got no place to go but up, right?

Seriously, this isn't the first unattributed, vague tease that's been posted here. Just the subject makes it hard to ignore or discount.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after his debut post, he's got no place to go but up, right?

Seriously, this isn't the first unattributed, vague tease that's been posted here. Just the subject makes it hard to ignore or discount.

I'm actually slightly angry at that post...

tumblr_m1sc2mHKJ01r9079e.gif

Edited by Clickclack

I am slightly angry, after the best construction winter ever, now we get to look forward to 3 to 4 months of watching water drain out of 60 foot holes in the ground. Watching paint dry seems more exciting. With all the tests, environment studies, false alarms, etc., etc. over the years, no one ever thought before to drill some drainage HOLES????????????

Mark Singelais ‏ @MarkSingelais

UAlbany confirms that Whiting-Turner is the firm hired to build the new athletic facilities. Put in a low bid of $15.96 million in February.

By the sound of it the bid is significantly lower then the school expected...I wonder if any additions can be made.

A number of "additions" were selected and will be incorporated in the project.

Let's be nice...the following Add Alternates were accepted by the University:

SCHEDULE OF ALTERNATES

Alternate No. 1 - (F5) Concrete Football Field Wall.

This alternate involves the extension of the concrete bowl field wall around the North end of

the football field as well as the field wall extension in the North East corner of the field as

shown in the plans. In addition to the field wall extension, this alternate includes the railing

on top of the North field wall. It also includes the revised grading and drainage at the

North end field wall also shown in the plans. The chain link fencing shown in the plans in

the above mentioned areas will be included in the base bid and not in this alternate.

Alternate No. 2 - (R2) Recreation Field.

This alternate includes all of the associated recreation field surfacing, grading, fencing,

sidewalks, netting and drainage.

Alternate No. 3 - (F8) Football Sports Lighting System.

This alternate involves the entire football stadium Sports Lighting including the lights,

foundations, poles, control panels and wiring. The conduit associated with the football

field lighting system will be included in the base bid and not in this alternate.

Alternate No. 4 - (R1) Recreation Field Sports Lighting System.

This alternate involves all of the Recreation Field Sports Lighting System including the

lights, foundations, poles, control panels, conduit and wiring. Also included in this

alternate will be the abatement of asbestos in the Dutch Quad building for the purpose of

routing electrical wiring.

Alternate No. 5 - (F2) East Side Bleacher Pads.

This alternate includes a 6” gravel pad for the future placement of skid mounted bleachers

on the East side of the football field as well as all asphalt sidewalks to the East of the field

and West of the proposed fence line. The asphalt sidewalks and gates to the East of the

above mentioned fence line are included in the base bid and are not part of this alternate.

Alternate No. 6 - (F1) Football Lighting - Increase Lighting for Regional Broadcasting by 100fc.

This alternate includes all the additional fixtures on the Sports Light Poles and Pressbox

Roof required to achieve 100 footcandles as well as all the associated wiring. The conduit

for all of the Sports Lighting will be included in the base bid and not included in this

alternate.

Mark Singelais ‏ @MarkSingelais

UAlbany confirms that Whiting-Turner is the firm hired to build the new athletic facilities. Put in a low bid of $15.96 million in February.

By the sound of it the bid is significantly lower then the school expected...I wonder if any additions can be made.

A number of "additions" were selected and will be incorporated in the project.

Let's be nice...the following Add Alternates were accepted by the University:

SCHEDULE OF ALTERNATES

Alternate No. 1 - (F5) Concrete Football Field Wall.

This alternate involves the extension of the concrete bowl field wall around the North end of

the football field as well as the field wall extension in the North East corner of the field as

shown in the plans. In addition to the field wall extension, this alternate includes the railing

on top of the North field wall. It also includes the revised grading and drainage at the

North end field wall also shown in the plans. The chain link fencing shown in the plans in

the above mentioned areas will be included in the base bid and not in this alternate.

Alternate No. 2 - (R2) Recreation Field.

This alternate includes all of the associated recreation field surfacing, grading, fencing,

sidewalks, netting and drainage.

Alternate No. 3 - (F8) Football Sports Lighting System.

This alternate involves the entire football stadium Sports Lighting including the lights,

foundations, poles, control panels and wiring. The conduit associated with the football

field lighting system will be included in the base bid and not in this alternate.

Alternate No. 4 - (R1) Recreation Field Sports Lighting System.

This alternate involves all of the Recreation Field Sports Lighting System including the

lights, foundations, poles, control panels, conduit and wiring. Also included in this

alternate will be the abatement of asbestos in the Dutch Quad building for the purpose of

routing electrical wiring.

Alternate No. 5 - (F2) East Side Bleacher Pads.

This alternate includes a 6” gravel pad for the future placement of skid mounted bleachers

on the East side of the football field as well as all asphalt sidewalks to the East of the field

and West of the proposed fence line. The asphalt sidewalks and gates to the East of the

above mentioned fence line are included in the base bid and are not part of this alternate.

Alternate No. 6 - (F1) Football Lighting - Increase Lighting for Regional Broadcasting by 100fc.

This alternate includes all the additional fixtures on the Sports Light Poles and Pressbox

Roof required to achieve 100 footcandles as well as all the associated wiring. The conduit

for all of the Sports Lighting will be included in the base bid and not included in this

alternate.

Thank you for the additional info...my post was mostly tongue in cheek...although I'm sure you can understand the frustration from a pent up fanbase. Thank you once again...

I am slightly angry, after the best construction winter ever, now we get to look forward to 3 to 4 months of watching water drain out of 60 foot holes in the ground. Watching paint dry seems more exciting. With all the tests, environment studies, false alarms, etc., etc. over the years, no one ever thought before to drill some drainage HOLES????????????

Now that the cat's out the bag...yes, the environmental studies were slightly off; they needed to add some drainage to the construction process hence one of the offical, yet unannounced delays in the bids going out.

Now that the cat's out the bag...yes, the environmental studies were slightly off; they needed to add some drainage to the construction process hence one of the offical, yet unannounced delays in the bids going out.

All part of the design and construction process. It's more complicated than just drilling holes...check these links to see what will be done on the site.

http://www.terrasystemsonline.com/services/wick-drains.html

All part of the design and construction process. It's more complicated than just drilling holes...check these links to see what will be done on the site.

Brutus welcome aboard - who do you work for?

Edited by Patch

Per UA Athletics Twitter and Facebook...

UAlbany Athletics

Please join UAlbany President George Philip, Vice President and Director of Athletics Dr. Lee McElroy, local dignitaries and our UAlbany student-athletes at a news conference for the Groundbreaking of The University at Albany Multi-Sports Complex on Tuesday, April 17 at 11 a.m. on the University Soccer Field (located east of, and closest to, the SEFCU Arena parking lot).

In addition, a very special announcement regarding the complex will be made by George Hearst, president of the University at Albany Foundation.

Please take the opportunity to lend your support on Tuesday on behalf of the University and all of our Great Danes

I did not expect this to be a simple hole in the ground; and with a three to four month process, I figured it was a complicated endeavor. My point is it certainly seems like it could have been done some time ago. Anyhow thanks for the information and welcome to the blog.

Per UA Athletics Twitter and Facebook...

UAlbany Athletics

Please join UAlbany President George Philip, Vice President and Director of Athletics Dr. Lee McElroy, local dignitaries and our UAlbany student-athletes at a news conference for the Groundbreaking of The University at Albany Multi-Sports Complex on Tuesday, April 17 at 11 a.m. on the University Soccer Field (located east of, and closest to, the SEFCU Arena parking lot).

In addition, a very special announcement regarding the complex will be made by George Hearst, president of the University at Albany Foundation.

Please take the opportunity to lend your support on Tuesday on behalf of the University and all of our Great Danes

I hope they are going to send out something more formal than twitter and Facebook. Not everyone does twitter nor Facebook, and even for those who do, they really are NOT appropriate for an announcement of this magnitude.

I wonder what the special announcement is going to be? Hmmmmmm...my guess, naming rights of one of two things (Stadium and Ford Field) or both. I would suspect naming rights to the PressBox, and VIP room won't be done yet. That or they reached their fundraising goal.

My guess is it's the name.

I did not expect this to be a simple hole in the ground; and with a three to four month process, I figured it was a complicated endeavor. My point is it certainly seems like it could have been done some time ago. Anyhow thanks for the information and welcome to the blog.

No construction work can begin w/o a signed contract in place. Pre-stadium construction procedures were considered, but ultimately tabled due to contract and construction logistics.