UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium: Architecture, Engineering, and Design AWARDED!

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why can't someone announce we are building in 2011 or 2012 or 2030? What are they afraid of?

It's easier to find out Kim Jong-ill's prostate exam results than to find concrete information on the stadium.

3-Kinds-DIY-Concrete-Mix-JE-TOMES-0091-300x225.jpg

I think this is the concrete to be used for the stadium ;)

There's been a lot of dirt dumped between the second and third practice fields. Maybe it's just fill from the construction of the new dorms, but ...

the first actual visible movement toward the stadium will probably be the dis- and/or re-assembling of the soccer stands and moving them to wherever the new Varsity Field will be. Are the turf, watering and drainage of the practice fields up to game standards?

Edit: Thursday the following alert was posted at the Office of Facilities Management

P R O J E C T W O R K A L E R T

Athletic Fields Survey Map

There's been a lot of dirt dumped between the second and third practice fields. Maybe it's just fill from the construction of the new dorms, but ...

the first actual visible movement toward the stadium will probably be the dis- and/or re-assembling of the soccer stands and moving them to wherever the new Varsity Field will be. Are the turf, watering and drainage of the practice fields up to game standards?

Edit: Thursday the following alert was posted at the Office of Facilities Management

P R O J E C T W O R K A L E R T

Athletic Fields Survey Map

Very promising news. Especially the description.

"In preparation for this project, survey crews will be documenting existing site conditions

in the areas outlined in the attached map."

I'm no construction expert but don't surveys usually immediately precede excavation work?

• 5 weeks later...

Unfortunately, the excavation by the baseball field and across the football practice fields is NOT stadium related. It is for the sewer hook-up for the new dorm. Albany would not allow the University to connect to its system, so it is being connect to Guilderland's. However, my sources tell me that the Stadium project is moving forward rapidly!

Unfortunately, the excavation by the baseball field and across the football practice fields is NOT stadium related. It is for the sewer hook-up for the new dorm. Albany would not allow the University to connect to its system, so it is being connect to Guilderland's. However, my sources tell me that the Stadium project is moving forward rapidly!

I do not suppose you care to be more specific? Anything worth getting excited about happening? Dates?

Anybody think that dirt starts moving as soon as the spring semester ends,

and life on campus heads into sleep mode?

UAFAN, we'd enjoy hearing what you've heard and know....

YES. It would be nice to hear something from someone. Do they really expect to build this thing with no one knowing. Bouffe a new stadium just rises up from the ground on the UA campus; no one knows where it came from. Maybe we can get the Navy Seals to build it for us in secret. What are they afraid of? I gurantee you, those against building it know more what is going on then those of us in favor. Announce the thing and give the silent majority a chance to put down the naysayers.

Archived