UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

#5 UMass at Fallon Field 3 PM

Nice to not only be the highest ranked team to play on our field(I think we were ranked #2 on 3/31/07 when we beat UMBC at home), but now they add in a win against the highest ranked oppenent.

UA release: "The Great Danes, who defeated the highest-ranked opponent in the program's Division I history..."

Flashback to 2/24/2007: "UAlbany upset nationally-ranked Johns Hopkins, 8-7, in the season opener for both teams...The Blue Jays were ranked No. 6 in the USILA coaches’ preseason poll and No. 1 in the current Nike/Inside Lacrosse media poll."

So, my obvious question is: What gives?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Win! But for my two cents, second game in a row that I feel we got a little conservative offensively with the lead. Out shot 47-28 as someone said. I think we have some great shooters, and I do not know if Marr is just being cautious offensively or if the young guys are just holding back on their own. At one point with about two minutes left we passed up a shot at an empty net so as not to lose control of the ball; only to lose it shortly there after and gave-up Mass's eight goal. Against Drexel on Saturday we also seemed to get conservative with the lead. I understand the value of only taking good shots and trying to retain possession, but Marr's teams in the past have seemed much more aggressive offensively. Either he is getting more conservative or the young kids are just being cautious so far. Anyhow GREAT WIN.

I noticed that Sienna played two ranked opponents (Duke #12, Hopkins #11) and got blown out in each game. -21 goals...ouch.

Thanks for the update. I forgot LCC had a lacrosse team while I was away so I just checked thier website and it is atually -24

Duke 20-6 and Hopkins 16-6.

I noticed that Sienna played two ranked opponents (Duke #12, Hopkins #11) and got blown out in each game. -21 goals...ouch.

Thanks for the update. I forgot LCC had a lacrosse team while I was away so I just checked thier website and it is atually -24

Isn't their goalie supposed to be highly regarded? Or is that only "Highly Regarded-LCC Division"?

Isn't their goalie supposed to be highly regarded? Or is that only "Highly Regarded-LCC Division"?

LOL

Which one.

They had 3 listed in the box score vs Hopkins and you would think if he was that highly regarded he would go to a better school than LCC.

LOL

Which one.

They had 3 listed in the box score vs Hopkins and you would think if he was that highly regarded he would go to a better school than LCC.

Maybe he graduated last year? Should I go on their site and check, or will my computer start acting slow, and stop being able to execute elementary functions?

He graduated. Played football with him in high school on LI.

OK, that guy was a very good maac level goalie and part of the reason he had very low goals against average while he was at LCC was LCC ran a slow boring offense.

Although we were victims of their aggressive surge in the 3rd, we pulled things

together enough to equalize things. What was it, 2 goals apiece in the 4th - with the majority of faceoffs going to UMass in the 2nd half... (their f/o guy is among the nation's top) and we held our ground well enough. Not bad in my opinion. Young season and we have come out of the starting gate nicely.

As for the lcc junior college across town, their last win was against wagner 13-6.

Wagner is 4-90 since 2005, if I reviewed the stats correctly. Not an impressive win or result.

Archived