UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

OOC Schedule 11-12

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually back now. I did check in from Paris and a couple places in Switzerland. I didn't post much there, the different keyboards there made my typing even worse than usual. Plus I was too busy having fun.

I had hoped there would be a list of school in Canada and dates in the story. Maybe they'll have that on the website this summer.

In case you missed it, Mike Black and Blake Metcalf will be playing in a new summer league at Rensselaer High School.

Says Ohio University's looking for a road game on Dec. 10. That would be a pretty decent game against the (real) MAC.

Also in the MAC, Buffalo is looking for a series. I think that would be a fun game if it happens.

I've asked about UB, I was told they REFUSE to play any of the other SUNY's. They think we are beneath them from the lowly AE. We'd love to have a series but they won't play us or SB or Bing. We've tried numerous times.

They lose enough games as it is. They are going to play SB for the first time on 9/10 this season in football. I don't normally root for SB. I will be that day.

They played Vermont a couple years ago - and lost. Last year they played Youngstown St and Townson who went a combined 11-47. Add in Army and Navy and they aren't exactly setting the world on fire scheduling-wise. Pretty lame.

A Buffalo guy on the T-U blog said something about Albany not accepting a two-for-one. I don't think we ever asked for two home games vs. Buffalo :P , even though we've had higher attendance than them for the last five years.

Hes a local resident but a UB apologist/graduate. Yeah, as if we'd go accepting 2 for ones with a team that's never been to the ncaa tourney. The arrogance...

BTW, if I'm not mistaken he posts here once in a while...you all better watch out or you'll get it.

Not I.

It's not so much that UB won't play just the SUNY's. We won't play any AE teams on even term deals, for what that's worth. Our last 1-1 was UNH 10 years ago, under a prior AD. We only played Vermont because it was a BracketBuster deal. Our AD seems more interested in even deals such as we've signed with Horizon and MVC schools.

The fans are well aware the home schedules have sucked of late. Scheduling suffered after we nearly shocked Pitt and UConn, and beat multiple high-major teams. Last year, UCF pulled out of a deal (we were left with an NAIA game), the MAC decided to skip us for a Temple game, and St Peter's changed their minds on returning their BB game, all leaving us scrambling. We were lucky BYU stuck with their visit. Right now we have Indiana St, St Peters, Bona, Canisius, Cornell, YSU home, and BYU, Niagara, likely Temple road. Starting contests with UMass in 2012 will really help, as well.

Not I.

It's not so much that UB won't play just the SUNY's. We won't play any AE teams on even term deals, for what that's worth. Our last 1-1 was UNH 10 years ago, under a prior AD. We only played Vermont because it was a BracketBuster deal. Our AD seems more interested in even deals such as we've signed with Horizon and MVC schools.

The fans are well aware the home schedules have sucked of late. Scheduling suffered after we nearly shocked Pitt and UConn, and beat multiple high-major teams. Last year, UCF pulled out of a deal (we were left with an NAIA game), the MAC decided to skip us for a Temple game, and St Peter's changed their minds on returning their BB game, all leaving us scrambling. We were lucky BYU stuck with their visit. Right now we have Indiana St, St Peters, Bona, Canisius, Cornell, YSU home, and BYU, Niagara, likely Temple road. Starting contests with UMass in 2012 will really help, as well.

If you can fill your 13 ooc games with MVC , Horizon,etc and local schools so be it. If you are satisfied filling the schedule with Houghton so be it.

It would be fun to have a home and home series against Buffalo, but if Buffalo's schedule is "filled" there are hundreds of other d1 schools. I would just assume schedule the best home and home teams possible and save the "money" games/non home and home series to teams of a lot higher stature than Buffalo.

Not I.

It's not so much that UB won't play just the SUNY's. We won't play any AE teams on even term deals, for what that's worth.

I know you are just pointing out the reality but seriously, your AD/coach should get his head examined if he thinks the AE is to "low" for you to give a 1 for 1 deal.

Your RPI over the last 5 years...166,108,89,269,236 (realrpi.com) for an average of 174. UA over the last 5 years has an average RPI of 196. It's pretty hilarious that UB thinks they are to good to play UA 1 for 1.

Again UBBulls, I'm not attacking you just shaking my head if what you are saying is correct.

It looks like according to other sources and the other thread, the LCC-UA basketball game is going to be played on Mon 12/5 after it was originally agreed to Sat 12/3. Now like I said before I don't care when the game is played. I just wish our admin would stand up to lcc and get a fair contract.

That being said, the reason the game is being moved again makes the maac and LCC look like a joke. Come one you(lcc) could not get the days the league blacked out for conference games straight with the league and need to come back after the date was apparently agreed on and you (lcc) need it move because you have a league game on the original date.

:lol:

It looks like according to other sources and the other thread, the LCC-UA basketball game is going to be played on Mon 12/5 after it was originally agreed to Sat 12/3. Now like I said before I don't care when the game is played. I just wish our admin would stand up to lcc and get a fair contract.

That being said, the reason the game is being moved again makes the maac and LCC look like a joke. Come one you(lcc) could not get the days the league blacked out for conference games straight with the league and need to come back after the date was apparently agreed on and you (lcc) need it move because you have a league game on the original date.

:lol:

Wow I actually care because now I won't be able to make it. That is stupid moving it. Let's see if they can even draw 10,000 on a Monday night. I wonder how many fans that go to that game make a weekend out of it. We should have just said no to the game in general instead of moving it to a weekday.

Archived