UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany to build Football Stadium

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should start a pool on when the first complaints begin rolling in - separate categories for the university community and the public at large.

HA! The school and UA fans have nothing to apologize for, we've been waiting for DECADES as SBU and UB got their stadiums. Now is our turns...haters can kiss our a$$!

I don't have FB nor can I access the site at all at work, but can someone please point out that there are two very distinct and completely non-fungible budgets the school deals with - Operating and Capital/Construction.

As President Philip said when the Business School was announced - the operating budget reduction and cuts associated therewith do not affect the capital budget appropriations made by the state in the 5-year capital plan. I am also pretty sure that UA cannot reallocate capital appropriations to the operating budget unilaterally despite how much some people want a French major.

BTW - anyone else think the University botched this release big time as I expected.

There should have been a detailed release with the plan and the open issues that addressed all the known issues up front (capital vs. operating budget, etc..) I seem to remember them doing that for the Business School.

Secrecy only works to an extent. At some point you have to lay your cards on the table.

I don't know that there could have been a release until the plans are finalized. I expect (hope) when that happens there will be something.

Maybe I'm wrong, but in my eyes if there is enough progress made to put up a PDF on the website than I would have thought there was enough to go to the press with? Maybe just a joint release with Heery on the hiring?

Maybe it was Heery who jumped the gun and put the University between a rock and a hard place?

Interesting tweets from Mark S.

MarkSingelais Mark Singelais

@

@back2backNYY But he added it's still in the design stage. No ground has been broken.

20 minutes ago

Mark Singelais

@

@back2backNYY UAlbany spokesman said yesterday the school is building a new football stadium to be completed in late 2012.

20 minutes ago

Mark Singelais

Canestrari told Odato that university officials haven't come to the Capitol seeking funding. "They may have donations from certain alumni."

21 minutes ago

Mark Singelais

Canestrari: "They’ve been wanting (the stadium) for a long time, the question is in this difficult financial time how will they fund it?''

23 minutes ago

Mark Singelais

"I don’t know much about it; no one has even talked to the president of the school about this," Canestrari, D-Cohoes, told Odato.

24 minutes ago

Mark Singelais

Assembly Majority Leader Ron Canestrari tells James M. Odato of @timesunion that he's "surprised'' to hear news of football stadium.

Archived