UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany to build Football Stadium

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

No news, other than confirming, as we expected, 1) that phase 1 will be one-sided; and 2) the Times-Union has a pretty loose definition of "firestorm of criticism" - there were what, half a dozen letters and blog posters?.

No to mention that nowhere in the last 4-5 years, besides in their own minds, was there a release discussing a 15,000 seat $60 million stadium?

BTW - this made its way into Newsday yesterday. Same article reprinted from the TU, except the headline was changed to "New Home for University at Albany Football"

http://www.newsday.com/news/region-state/new-home-for-university-at-albany-football-1.3149579

You gotta pay to read Newsday online now? Weak.

By the way...what happened to the beautiful mock-ups of all the past stadiums...nice pictures and views of the various concepts...and the one they release for the final plan is a piece of $iena? My neighbor's kid who is 10th grade draft class can mock up something better than that garbage.

BTW - this made its way into Newsday yesterday. Same article reprinted from the TU, except the headline was changed to "New Home for University at Albany Football"

http://www.newsday.com/news/region-state/new-home-for-university-at-albany-football-1.3149579

You gotta pay to read Newsday online now? Weak.

By the way...what happened to the beautiful mock-ups of all the past stadiums...nice pictures and views of the various concepts...and the one they release for the final plan is a piece of $iena? My neighbor's kid who is 10th grade draft class can mock up something better than that garbage.

I believe those were the 60 million dollar mock-ups...what we get now is the 18 million dollar mock-up. Plus, can you imagine they put that out there...the haters gonna come hard and fast that we are building a palace. Even if it gets there SOMEDAY, no reason to toot our own horn, we aren't getting THAT stadium.

I believe those were the 60 million dollar mock-ups...what we get now is the 18 million dollar mock-up. Plus, can you imagine they put that out there...the haters gonna come hard and fast that we are building a palace. Even if it gets there SOMEDAY, no reason to toot our own horn, we aren't getting THAT stadium.

Eh...makes us look third-rate

What are you people talking about. I don't defend the administration on many things of late, but that is as normal a mock-up as you get with something that isn't likely in the FDR stage yet.

Jeesh.

Im guessing the other designs werent in the "FDR" stage, and those graphics didnt look like a steaming pile of dog $iena. Just sayin'

Archived