UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Does anyone have any workout infromation on him, or links or articles on him in the offseason preping for the draft. Has his ranking or value gone up or down. Any information on him about him and the draft at all???

We'll probably have to look closely and carefully at the ESPN ticker on draft weekend because there's another Gary Jones in the draft. The other one is a DB from Texas A+M.

Reeder posted some links and an interview with Jones a while ago. I don't think he was invited to the combines. He's still listed on one site as the top small school prospect and is the 20th running back on one site and 28th on another.

There's also a discussion about him on NFL Blitz.

NFL Blitz-Jones

Fantasy GM Draft.

Football.com Rankings.

Football.com Small School Rankings.

I have heard absolutley nothing. I wish I did know something about his draft status,agent, prospects etc, but I do not! It has been very hush hush in the circles I speak to. All I know is he is looking into the pros at some level above arena(he could be an arena player tomorrow). Personally I think he could make a roster as Dane 96 has stated in a Keith Elias type of role utility/special teams player.

If you read ESPN.com at all, in their RB draft preview, they listed the kid from Ottawa, Kansas college as a sleeper for the draft, and moving up quickly. He transferred from a bigger school to NAIA Ottawa for more PT and dominated.

And that Football.com Small Schools ranking has Jones ahead of him, so I'd have to say you can pretty much throw that ranking list out.

In my opinion, if its not a nationally-renowned source of information, a la ESPN, CNN, FOX, CBS, ABC ... I'm probably not buying what they're selling. Smaller sites like football.com just don't have the access to the people "in the know", and I put no stock in what they say because of that.

am wondering cause im starting to write articles for the Albany Student Press Sports section, and i wanted to possibly do a story pre-draft on him on preping for the draft, and what he plans to do if he is or is not drafted. But i wanted to see what his rankings and 40 times and bench was and stuff so i can see what to base the article around kinda...i just wish i had any info. If any of you find any other info anywhere. please post it.

but thats the thing...ESPN.com and CBSSportsline.com dont even have Gary in there list on available RB in the draft this year. Not one thing. So its annoying/. I here he is a such a high ranked RB, but his name does not appear on a list anywhere. He went to this combine in Arizona or something, but i cant find one report on it. Its a pain in the but...so if you guys find anything, please post it.

GD84, Some of the stuff like bench press info is in the pre-draft interview.

I hate to be obvious but I imagine if you talked to Jones he could tell you he's been in contact with. Ford also. He's coached for over 30 years and has contacts in the NFL and Europe. He's also had former players go to the Arena League as well as NFL camps so I'm sure he'd be able to help with info.

Good luck with the story and send us a link when you write it.