UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2013

Coach Brown just tweeted "Feels good heading in to the summer recruiting period knowing we already have a commitment from a BIG. Toughest position to get at our level."

I hadn't seen anything mentioned on this board that we got a '13 commitment in addition to Lassen yet. Did I miss something or is this new?

Yeah...previously unknown info if I'm not mistaken...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any way the other big could be Dallas Ennema?

Looks like we offered him but I can't find a status update anywhere online...

http://www.recruitrecon.com/index.php?option=com_recruit&task=showplayerprofile&id=2082

Would WB call a 6-6 small forward a BIG?

Some places say 6'7".

Was just intrigued again as to who it could be as O'Donnell just tweeted about a 'future' Dane....

Edited by MsGDG

• 4 weeks later...

AE Board and @JUCORecruiting have said that we received a commitment from Levan Shengelia for 2013. 6'9" and 250lb definitely fits the definition of 'big.' Will be at Odessa JC (TX) in 12-13. Played at Rhode Island in 11-12 and was a medical RS there in 10-11. Played in 30 games (started 1) last season for URI..averaging 9.5mpg, 2.2ppg and 1.8rpg.

From AE Board: "He's a bull to be sure. I've seen him play a few times. Not very skilled and gets in foul trouble, but he's an enforcer and can grab some rebounds."

Doesn't look to be too much more than a banger/bruiser..but that's something I think we definitely need..especially after watching Dallis Joyner knock us around for three games last season.

AE Board and @JUCORecruiting have said that we received a commitment from Levan Shengelia for 2013. 6'9" and 250lb definitely fits the definition of 'big.' Will be at Odessa JC (TX) in 12-13. Played at Rhode Island in 11-12 and was a medical RS there in 10-11. Played in 30 games (started 1) last season for URI..averaging 9.5mpg, 2.2ppg and 1.8rpg.

From AE Board: "He's a bull to be sure. I've seen him play a few times. Not very skilled and gets in foul trouble, but he's an enforcer and can grab some rebounds."

Doesn't look to be too much more than a banger/bruiser..but that's something I think we definitely need..especially after watching Dallis Joyner knock us around for three games last season.

7b4a1ab10a1a00fa3852a9db6653e23d.jpeg

Vermont always seems to have 5 guys that fit Shengalia's description every year to clog up the middle. Hopefully he'll provide an answer for that.

I'm curious about his eligibility. Sounds like he red-shirted at URI his freshman year then played his second. Guessing he'll play a year at Odessa so that would leave him with two years left?

http://www.recruitrecon.com/index.php?option=com_recruit&task=showplayerprofile&id=2082

:D and yes I'm quoting my own post. (I was wrong about that being the Big that was Levan but still.. heh.

Edited by MsGDG

:D and yes I'm quoting my own post. (I was wrong about that being the Big that was Levan but still.. heh.

Well done...Wow...this kid looks nice from what I can find on him.