UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Men's Lacrosse 2012

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is news I didn't want to hear. You're spot on, if done right, bu could be the next 'denver'

in college lacrosse. From no program, to being highly ranked in a few short years.

Their athletics are already the strongest in the AE, now a new mens lacrosse team with a brand new

facility coming with it....

Boston's a fun town... and a great place to go to college. Not hard to sell the city to new recruits.

Too bad they weren't starting football instead, and started talk about an AE football conference.

That would have been good news.

Edited by uofalbany

Pounder, if you're intersted in adding this to your menu and twitter updates, lacrosse has twitter and facebook

http://twitter.com/#!/UAlbanyLacrosse

https://www.facebook.com/pages/UAlbany-Mens-Lacrosse/148331875199499#!/pages/UAlbany-Mens-Lacrosse/148331875199499

Resetarits named to the tewaaraton watch list:

http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2012/02/15/2012-tewaaraton-award-watch-list-announced

Edited by uofalbany

Gametime for the Syracuse game changed from the original schedule, now @ 2pm

For those not going, I heard it was going to be on TWC3 in the local area.

It will be on SNY as well.

It is part of a triple header in the Dome.

Rutgers plays Air Force at 11 and Hobart plays some lowly community college at 5.

The Rutgers game is not listed for SNY or TW3.

The Hobart game will be on TW3 as well, but not on SNY.

Edited by bob87

Pounder, if you're intersted in adding this to your menu and twitter updates, lacrosse has twitter and facebook

http://twitter.com/#!/UAlbanyLacrosse

https://www.facebook.com/pages/UAlbany-Mens-Lacrosse/148331875199499#!/pages/UAlbany-Mens-Lacrosse/148331875199499

Nice! Thanks, I'll do that. I'm going to add the baseball feed as well.

The eligibility of Cathers (and his designated replacement) might play out as one of the season's biggest storylines.

I know it was the opener, and that it was against a traditionally strong program, but it seemed like Carroll wasn't playing at a top-notch level. There were quite a few balls where it looked like he had trouble picking up the ball.

The eligibility of Cathers (and his designated replacement) might play out as one of the season's biggest storylines.

I know it was the opener, and that it was against a traditionally strong program, but it seemed like Carroll wasn't playing at a top-notch level. There were quite a few balls where it looked like he had trouble picking up the ball.

I wonder how much of that has to do with playing in an empty dome. I'm sure it's tough to pick up the ball against the silver bleachers.

I was totally disappointed with the game, so I have refrained from writing.

Cathers would have started, without a doubt. Let's hope as the season goes along

that Carroll improves. The new Cuse goalkeeper, actually both of them, didn't have trouble

with the background, although they might be adjusted by now.

He did let in 8 in the 1st half, and only 4 in the 2nd... so

I was more disappointed in the lack of offense, as I anticipated more.

It's the first game against, always, one of the best teams in the country.

Sucks that Cathers is not eligible. Carroll definitely did not look good. There were a number of long shots that I think he should've saved. Anyone know how many games Carroll has started in his UA career? I know he is a senior but has he been on the bench most of his career or did he start at all ove rthe past few years.

Sucks that Cathers is not eligible. Carroll definitely did not look good. There were a number of long shots that I think he should've saved. Anyone know how many games Carroll has started in his UA career? I know he is a senior but has he been on the bench most of his career or did he start at all ove rthe past few years.

"Made 25 career starts at goalkeeper ... double-figures saves 18 times as a collegian ... eighth on program's career saves chart with 304 ... two varsity letters ... 2010: Started all 16 games ... 12th on the all-time UAlbany single-season list with 185 saves ... second among America East Conference leaders in save percentage (.514) and saves per game (11.6 pg) ... made 10-plus saves on 12 occasions ... had 14 of his career-high 19 saves in first half at Massachusetts, tying the seventh-highest total in program's Division I history ... stopped 14 shots, including six in final period, against No. 19 Bucknell ... named America East player of the week on March 29 ... had 15 saves at No. 15 Johns Hopkins ... totaled 10 of his 11 saves in opening half in 9-4 win over Vermont ... named to America East all-championship team ... 2009: A starter in nine of 14 games played as a freshman ... posted a .496 save percentage with 119 saves ... season-best 17 saves at Drexel ... stopped 14 shots against Vermont and Stony Brook ... double-digit saves vs. six opponents ... "