UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Will Brown - Contrace Extension

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why couldn't this announcement wait till the end of the season? Besides that, good luck to Will Brown.

Once the decision is made, it might as well be announced. In the post game show last night, Coach Brown said he'd be out of town recruiting this weekend. Obviously, recruits want to know that the coach recruiting them is secure in his job.

Why couldn't this announcement wait till the end of the season? Besides that, good luck to Will Brown.

Once the decision is made, it might as well be announced. In the post game show last night, Coach Brown said he'd be out of town recruiting this weekend. Obviously, recruits want to know that the coach recruiting them is secure in his job.

True, but he's been a lame duck coach all season going on recruiting trips so I don't see how that makes a difference. Oh well.

I'm sorry but I think this is a bad decision. Will Brown has proven he cannot take this program to the next level. He had lightning in a bottle those two years with Jamar but since then we have been drifting in the doldrums of basketball mediocrity. With him in charge, we will never be consistently in the top tier of this league. This is disappointing.

I'm sorry but I think this is a bad decision. Will Brown has proven he cannot take this program to the next level. He had lightning in a bottle those two years with Jamar but since then we have been drifting in the doldrums of basketball mediocrity. With him in charge, we will never be consistently in the top tier of this league. This is disappointing.

I'm on the fence for one reason alone. I think he should be able to finish this run out next year with the kids he brought in who will be seniors, (Logan, Black, Suero and Guerrier). Because of that I do not think he should get a long term contract. Maybe two years with a salary we are willing to eat next year if they don't make the run we should have with that group as seniors. Without injuries and some players coming back/in they should be even better next year.

I really like Will. I've had a few interactions with him and they have all been very pleasant. I think he and his staff recruit high quality student athletes. I think there have been some injuries and kids leaving that has hurt the program and the success he was trying to build. Just wanted to add this becaue I do like Will Brown.

Edited by DanesRGood

• 1 month later...

@PeteIorizzo: UAlbany AD Lee McElroy says Will Brown has been given a 2-year contract extension. The deal is being reviewed by the school's legal dept.

Kind of weird to have an extension of less than 3 years. I would've preferred at least 3 for stability's sake.

Edited by Phoenix