UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Webcam!: Bob Ford Field

I was expecting a continuous video feed, but the half-hour update photos are OK, especially with the calendar so you can go back to the past if you like. They show a lot of progress in the grading for the grandstand in the past week.

Has anyone tried the time-lapse movie? Is there a way to slow it down so you can actually see what's going on?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone tried the time-lapse movie? Is there a way to slow it down so you can actually see what's going on?

Hopefully the construction goes as quickly as the time lapse movie!

If you want to go through frame by frame you can use the play buttons on the bottom of the webcam and scroll through. You need to change the date on the calendar to go through the whole thing.

So much for the SUNY Alert system, had to read about it in the paper the next morning. Guess the system only works when they test it. I coulda been killed, I was over by sefcu at the same time on my way back from Luigi's Deli with my lunch!

Closeup showing how thick a layer of earth has been put above ground level

fordfield51812003.jpg

fordfield51812002.jpg

The university's webcam is mounted on the back of the lacrosse scoreboard.

I'm surprised there isn't a billboard up yet, telling the world the project, architect, construction company, and of course the governor's name, the mayor's name, the town supervisor's name, etc.

Work is also progressing on the recreation field.

UAfan, black bears aren't usually aggressive, and would probably have been more interested in your lunch than you. But Dane Pound is more the expert on such wildlife stuff:

Capital District now known as Great Bearington

Bear attack in Yosemite (but these are grizzlies)

How is it that this $24M (only 18 from the state) is our first athletic spend and Stony Brook has an $80M portfolio?

----------------

"Fiore's vision for Stony Brook Athletics has resulted in unprecedented growth for the program in countless different ways. He is currently overseeing nearly **$80 million** in unprecedented athletic facility upgrades."

http://www.goseawolves.org/school-bio/ston-bio-fiore.html

"Stony Brook to begin $21.1M arena renovation"

http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/stony-brook/stony-brook-to-begin-21-1m-arena-renovation-1.3728108

Edited by SoCal_Dane

How is it that this $24M (only 18 from the state) is our first athletic spend and Stony Brook has an $80M portfolio?

----------------

"Fiore's vision for Stony Brook Athletics has resulted in unprecedented growth for the program in countless different ways. He is currently overseeing nearly **$80 million** in unprecedented athletic facility upgrades."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/stony-brook/stony-brook-to-begin-21-1m-arena-renovation-1.3728108

Stanley credited State Sen. Kenneth P. LaValle, who is chairman of the Higher Education Committee, and Gov. Andrew Cuomo for their help in making capital funds available again.

Nothing more needs to be said....while we fight for every scrap this man is simply funneling money down there.

----------------

Stanley credited State Sen. Kenneth P. LaValle, who is chairman of the Higher Education Committee, and Gov. Andrew Cuomo for their help in making capital funds available again.

Nothing more needs to be said....while we fight for every scrap this man is simply funneling money down there.

I knew the answer but the Newsday article just enraged me.

A few years ago Albany and Stony Brook were on the same level. I would say through the early years (up to about 2004-2006) Albany was consistently on top. We have been left in the dust over the past 6 years. SBU will be a FBS team in the next 10 years and we will not. Mark my words. Write that down.

I'm just so pissed at our ineptitude.

Work continues moving dirt from one pile

fordfield52312004.jpg

to another

fordfield52312005.jpg

Well, there's more to it than that. What you're looking at is the surcharcharging of the site. Wick drains (about 500 of them) are installed and now additional soil is added to help compress the water out of the lower layers of clay. About 10-12ft of additional soil will be added and the site will sit dormant for several months while the soils compress. The metal rods in the photo are the means to measure the compaction over time.

Well, there's more to it than that. What you're looking at is the surcharcharging of the site. Wick drains (about 500 of them) are installed and now additional soil is added to help compress the water out of the lower layers of clay. About 10-12ft of additional soil will be added and the site will sit dormant for several months while the soils compress. The metal rods in the photo are the means to measure the compaction over time.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't think it was just aimless movement, but that's all there is to see. So all the white things I saw in the dirt are wick drains (show up better here).

fordfield52312002.jpg