UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Suero Leaving UA

A little bummed at this but the team will be fine. Iati seemed to really emerge last season which should help pick up the loss of G, Aronhalt will be back, Rowley now has a chance to move to the 3. We won't be as explosive on offense but our defense will be much better.

This is a disaster. No other way to spin it. Total disaster.

That was my initial reaction as well...need to wait and see who they bring in with the remaining 'ships...I know I've said this before but I'd like to see the focus on recruiting JUCO's reduced significantly. It's now way to build a program/team. For every Hastings and Siggers we get an unstable group that either leaves, quits or not happy.

Build with four year kids.

This was a team with all components ready to win a championship. His turnovers sucked but

his talent was among the best in the league. With a year under his belt, and possibly

learning and adjusting to the ncaa d1 game, he could have improved greatly. So we can focus on

his shortcomings, but we also must admit he was a vital part of the team.

We just took a big hit.

Let's go Sox, pound the Yankees in the ground.

Edited by uofalbany

This is a disaster. No other way to spin it. Total disaster.

That was my initial reaction as well...need to wait and see who they bring in with the remaining 'ships...I know I've said this before but I'd like to see the focus on recruiting JUCO's reduced significantly. It's now way to build a program/team. For every Hastings and Siggers we get an unstable group that either leaves, quits or not happy.

Build with four year kids.

With a night to sleep on it, I stand by my comment. Total disaster. I hope I'm wrong and the coaches can bring in someone who can contribute but I don't see them bringing in a player of Suero's caliber, which makes him leaving a total disaster.

This is a risk the program took...better to have him for one year then none at all as I think we would have won 14 or 15 games last season without him. I know some may not agree with me but this is kind of why I don't like JUCO's...with the exception of a few it usually hasn't worked out. The four year kids seem to grow into the program instead of being here a year or at most two and never be 100% vested in the program. I'd like to see 90% four year kids with an occasional JUCO to fill a hole.

The way I see it...his departures hurts us across the board in just about every category. The only exception is on the defensive end far to often he was a huge liability. It will be tough however to replace the ppg, apg, rpg and the pressure he took off of the other player by always being in attack mode. He was bar non the most gifted slasher/pure scorer we've ever had.

The worst part is the what if...what could have been next season with a great returning cast and a team with a lot of depth and talent.

Edited by Clickclack

I'd like to see 90% four year kids with an occasional JUCO to fill a hole.

The interesting thing is that's pretty much what we were last season. 13 players on the roster..2 JUCOs. Depending on what you call Iati..who's not a JUCO but also isn't a 4 year guy for UA..that means 15% JUCO and 85% non-JUCO.

They fill different roles. When we need a bit more of an immediate impact at a specific position..JUCO is usually the more appealing fit. You're more likely to find a JUCO who can be immediately effective as opposed to a freshman coming in. That need can be caused by injuries, transfers, recruiting misses, etc.

Edited by Phoenix

I am sticking to my --it is NOT a total disaster theory. But like everyone else I would LOVE to have him back. In that vein does anyone know if he has actually left the university and (2) can't he reconsider up to the point that he (a) hires an agent or (B) one day before draft day???

Edited by dslyank

I am sticking to my --it is NOT a total disaster theory. But like everyone else I would LOVE to have him back. In that vein does anyone know if he has actually left the university and (2) can't he reconsider up to the point that he (a) hires an agent or (B) one day before draft day???

Does he actually think he will get drafted? He is nowhere near ready for the NBA or even the Dev League. I really don't even see him playing for a top level European league with his defensive and turnover problems. What could he really make in a lower level Euro league? He could get a lot more money and play in a much better league with another year of D1 ball under his belt. He could easily blow out his knee in his senior year and get no contract. I see both sides. Doesn't mean I agree with his decision. Maybe he has some offers already in Europe, we don't know the whole situation. Still think this is a disaster for the program. 24pts per game is going to be VERY hard to replace.