UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

WOW...looks like BOT of Davidson said "NO" to the CAA. This will all hinge on C of C now. If they say no...gloves are off and I would not be shocked to see a play made for Stony Brook. If that occurs...better bet that UA and UNH will have their love letters into the CAA, along with Elon. Appy certainly is not moving w/o CofC...but I honestly don't think they move at all.

I could also see the CAA dumping any idea of football expansion and make overtures to strong hoop schools in the midwest.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CofC to CAA will become official tomorrow according to my sources.

I was also told UA and SBU were always, and continue to be, the serious Plan B.

The CAA will probably sit put for now...wait for some more movement both in and out of conference. Then, I suspect we will be the next adds.

My understanding is they are stopping at CofC unless Davidson does a complete turnaround. And this isnt to Danefan b/c he is familiar with this...but anyone who is reading the "board has to vote still", ignore it. Board Votes are generally rubber stamps. They know the result already...and have informed the CAA.

Either way, this is good for us. Keeps us in a conference where now we can grow the critical infrastructure to build for what I believe is 4-5 year move to the CAA. Sooner if othr things happen.

CofC to CAA will become official tomorrow according to my sources.

I was also told UA and SBU were always, and continue to be, the serious Plan B.

The CAA will probably sit put for now...wait for some more movement both in and out of conference. Then, I suspect we will be the next adds.

Whats going to be left of the CAA after JMU and I'm assuming George Mason leave?

JMU has FBS aspirations. That is an FBS stadium.

The problem is that no conference really cares about the huge media market in Harrisonburgh! VA. :rolleyes:

They're behind Appalachian St on CUSA's list of expansion targets, IMO.

Makes sense but didn't they pass on an offer from CUSA? Well, hopefully they stay in the CAA long enough for us to beat them :D

My understanding is they are stopping at CofC unless Davidson does a complete turnaround. And this isnt to Danefan b/c he is familiar with this...but anyone who is reading the "board has to vote still", ignore it. Board Votes are generally rubber stamps. They know the result already...and have informed the CAA.

Either way, this is good for us. Keeps us in a conference where now we can grow the critical infrastructure to build for what I believe is 4-5 year move to the CAA. Sooner if othr things happen.

I don't know why anyone would be hellbent on moving to the CAA right now. As others have said........if JMU and GMU are gone, who exactly does that leave again??? Is Drexel, Hofstra and Northeastern really a better peer group than Stony Brook, UNH and Maine? Do you really want to increase your travel costs to send teams to Charleston, Wilmington, and Williamsburg? Now that Albany (and Stony Brook) has that CAA football membership their pocket........not sure why anyone would want to join the CAA for other sports.

Edited by mainejeff

I don't know why anyone would be hellbent on moving to the CAA right now. As others have said........if JMU and GMU are gone, who exactly does that leave again??? Is Drexel, Hofstra and Northeastern really a better peer group than Stony Brook, UNH and Maine? Do you really want to increase your travel costs to send teams to Charleston, Wilmington, and Williamsburg? Now that Albany (and Stony Brook) has that CAA football membership their pocket........not sure why anyone would want to join the CAA for other sports.

Basketball rules for most Division I schools. The CAA is still light years ahead of the AEast in everything basketball related. If your other non-football sports suffer to some extent, so be it.

Basketball is the only reason for anyone to go to the CAA.

Basketball rules for most Division I schools. The CAA is still light years ahead of the AEast in everything basketball related. If your other non-football sports suffer to some extent, so be it.

Basketball is the only reason for anyone to go to the CAA.

How's that been working out for Delaware, Hofstra, Drexel, Towson and NU? Those 5 have ZERO NCAA appearances since they've joined the CAA.........Vermont has 5 during that same time span.