UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Interseting tweet from Jim Fiore (Stony Brook AD)

The hypocrisy in leadership decision making throughout D1 athletics is numbing & disappointing. Selfishness will be demise of our profession.

Saw some posts on this.

Here's the thing; Is Fiore as devious as we think?

Three weeks ago he comes out and says, "We are happy in the AE..." Now he says this. Some contend he is pissed off maybe that he was blocked into going to the CAA (again, it has been confirmed to me that there is indeed a troika of schools blocking SBU's entrance).

I submit that he could also be using this as a springboard to leave the conference. He can say, "Hey...we tried to get things done but the AE wouldn't do that...so we HAD TO LEAVE, though we didn't want to do so."

Maybe not a likley scenario...but you never know with this guy.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interseting tweet from Jim Fiore (Stony Brook AD)

The hypocrisy in leadership decision making throughout D1 athletics is numbing & disappointing. Selfishness will be demise of our profession.

Someone should take this dopes twitter account away...

Why?

I think he's right. It started with high paid coaches bailing on student athletes. Now its highly paid administrators doing the same thing to conferences.

He may well be correct but that tweet reads full of frustration...you rarely see people in leadership positions tweet like that...he was all ready to move to the CAA until it sounds like he got some bad news. Now he's mad...

tumblr_m6ux97Q3z41rnvlqy.gif

Edited by Clickclack

It sounds like he was covering his arse in the AE, in case they didn't get an invite.

Unfortunate for him, looks like the door was slammed in his face. No invite.

Again unfortunate for him, he doesn't know better to keep his trap shut. Seems clear

he wasn't happy with the AE, and just confirmed it.

What sort of exit fee would UA or SBU be looking at if they ever left the NEC or Big South? These are low level football only conferences for the universities so it can't be much, right?

Pretty sure the NEC contract is now year-to-year, so probably no buyout before some given date not too close to the upcoming season.

Charleston Post and Courier reports that the CAA has invited Davidson and the College of Charleston. Georgia Southern says they're staying in the Southern Conference.

The P&C's source was a Sunday story in the Statesboro Herald page 1, page 2

I'd guess Davidson stays in the Pioneer for football, C of C doesn't play.

Catalon said 'a few hurdles remain'.

I haven't found anything about this anywhere. This can't be an official announcement yet, maybe Rodger talked to someone. He hasn't even tweeted about it.

Edit: Oops, while I looked Unranked AE tweeted, repeating the rumor.

Edited by UAalum72