UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

William & Mary fan here. If the rumors are accurate, welcome to CAA football!

Yes, most CAA teams play a FBS opponent every year; ODU is the exception. The payday for playing a FBS opponent is usually $350,000+ and it's normally televised/streamed (ESPN3). W&M, JMU, and UR play ACC teams and all 3 have beaten an ACC team in the past 3 years (W&M beat UVA and was beating UNC late in the 4th quarter; JMU beat VT; and UR has owned Duke). Delaware has played Navy recently but I believe they didn't play a FBS team last year. Villanova usually plays Temple. UNH has fared very well against FBS opponents and Maine barely lost to Pitt last year. This season, Towson has LSU (yes, that one) and Kent State.

The CAA and NBC Sports Network are entering a new contract and most CAA teams play at least one game on Comcast Sports Network (regional). This season, W&M will enjoy 6 televised games. More than half of your regular season games isn't bad for a FCS program.

I envision some UA vs Syracuse/Buffalo games in your future.

CAA football would be an excellent opportunity for UA. I enjoyed Albany a couple of years ago on my way home from Altamont, NY and look forward to visiting your school.

I believe Albany and William & Mary have the longest tenure coaches in all of college football.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, most CAA teams play a FBS opponent every year; ODU is the exception. The payday for playing a FBS opponent is usually $350,000+ and it's normally televised/streamed (ESPN3). W&M, JMU, and UR play ACC teams and all 3 have beaten an ACC team in the past 3 years (W&M beat UVA and was beating UNC late in the 4th quarter; JMU beat VT; and UR has owned Duke). Delaware has played Navy recently but I believe they didn't play a FBS team last year. Villanova usually plays Temple. UNH has fared very well against FBS opponents and Maine barely lost to Pitt last year. This season, Towson has LSU (yes, that one) and Kent State.

The CAA and NBC Sports Network are entering a new contract and most CAA teams play at least one game on Comcast Sports Network (regional). This season, W&M will enjoy 6 televised games. More than half of your regular season games isn't bad for a FCS program.

CAA football would be an excellent opportunity for UA. I enjoyed Albany a couple of years ago on my way home from Altamont, NY and look forward to visiting your school.

I believe Albany and William & Mary have the longest tenure coaches in all of college football.

Welcome to the board, Tribal. IMO, its with great pleasure to accept an offer from the CAA football conference.

Where did you hear the rumors?

Welcome to the board, Tribal. IMO, its with great pleasure to accept an offer from the CAA football conference.

Where did you hear the rumors?

http://boards.caazone.com/

Coach Ford told the football alums at their golf tournament Saturday.

SBU is also getting an invitation. I assume they will take it.

Coach also said URI would be staying in the CAA. I think with UA, SBU added to the other northern schools,

the travel budget became much more reasonable.

If someone was at the golf tournament and heard Ford say that, then that's confirmation in itself.

Of course that is if he said we were offered and have already accepted.

Anyone here actually attend and what was his statement exactly?

I was there. I paraphrased, but that was the gist.

Thanks 73. Anybody have any opinions on Albany and an all sports invitation? For or against?

I'd like to be wherever SBU is. If SBU is in the CAA all-sports, than so be it. If not, then I don't think we need to go to the CAA now for all-sports.

I'd imagine that if both Albany and SBU are being considered for football, then

if other schools pass on all sports invys, then both albany and sbu would be next in line.

The other schools were offered quite a long time ago... any word on an acceptance by anyone

for all sports as of yet?

73, are you a football alum?

Edited by uofalbany

I'd imagine that if both Albany and SBU are being considered for football, then

if other schools pass on all sports invys, then both albany and sbu would be next in line.

The other schools were offered quite a long time ago... any word on an acceptance by anyone

for all sports as of yet?

College of Charleston Board meeting was today. Some interesting tweets from their local beat writer. http://twitter.com/Jeff_fromthePC

TU speculation on UA joining the CAA. They even speculate that it may be all sports. They do note that it requires a vote of approval by the presidents so it ain't done till it's done.

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Change-in-the-air-at-UAlbany-3732203.php

Football only I grew up near Hofstra and saw what happened when they jumped to the CAA in all sports. The AE is a perfect fit given our finances and facilities. Unfortunately I doubt the AE is going to last much longer. I wouldn't be shocked after SBU bolts for the CAA that we either leave and join either a hybrid AE/CAA or AE/NEC.

Football only I grew up near Hofstra and saw what happened when they jumped to the CAA in all sports. The AE is a perfect fit given our finances and facilities. Unfortunately I doubt the AE is going to last much longer. I wouldn't be shocked after SBU bolts for the CAA that we either leave and join either a hybrid AE/CAA or AE/NEC.

please for the love of god, no NEC!