UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How good right about now does it look that we have a new awesome stadium going up, men just won the AE and repped us in the NCAA, ladies back to back etc.

Personally - I'm scared.

A first round loss and small 8,500 seat stadium (albeit nice) are not exactly marketbale assets in this wacky world.

There is a very high likelihood that we, along with SBU, UNH, Maine, etc..., will be left in no-man's land after all this.

It really comes down to this for Albany:

Maine

UNH

Vermont

UMass-Lowell

Binghamton

or

Northeastern

Hofstra

Drexel

Delaware

Towson

I'm beginning to think that Albany and Stony Brook will indeed jump to another 1 bid conference and you gotta think that FINALLY a former AE team can win the CAA considering that they would hold a 7 out of 11 or 12 majority.

I would much rather be with New England state universities. Echoing Click's remarks, I wish that the AE had more (football) vision.

Who's left football-wise in the big east after the realignment... could that be a LONG term goal?

The MAC has a boatload already

The old Big East football schools are basically what used to be in Conference USA plus UConn and Cincy. They'd raid the MAC before they came after us. Not an option at this point.

Rumors are flying. Delaware, Northeastern and Davidson to the A10?

Marcus Henry ‏@marchenrysports13h

If, according to a source, the A-10 moves on Davidson, Delaware and Northeastern, the CAA needs to move fast@HofstraPride @WUSBSportsRadio

https://twitter.com/marchenrysports

Edited by madDOG

Looking at it for all sports I get it. The A10 is def a jump from the Colonial and the travel for all sports will be 100 time easier now for Delaware and Northeastern. Except for Delaware football which I don't get.

Edited by UA'08

Well if Deleware goes FBS and joins the MAC like danefan said then it would make sense. Keeping all other sports in a northern specific conference.

They'd also be realigned with UMass.

It won't be the immediate end of the world for us if JMU and Delawre leave the CAA and go FBS.

We'll still be in a league with:

Albany

Stony Brook

Maine

UNH

URI

Richmond

Towson

Villanova

William & Mary

The problem, of course, is that the above league only has 2 CAA members in it. Why would the CAA continue operate the CAA Football conference if it only has two members involved?

Especially becuase I'm sure William & Mary would be looking at the SoCon in that scenario.

Maybe, just maybe this will end up giving AEast another shot at a football conference.

JMU-->Sun Belt

Delaware-->MAC/A10

William & Mary-->SoCon

Towson-->America East (natural rival with UMBC)

That would give AEast/A10/Big East FCS football conference of:

Albany

Stony Brook

Maine

UNH

URI

Richmond

Towson

Villanova

The natural 10th team is Georgetown (Big East) but only if they commit to facilities and scholarships (highly unlikely). If not, then I say extend Monmouth an invite and ask them to at least get up to 8,500 seats.

Well if Deleware goes FBS and joins the MAC like danefan said then it would make sense. Keeping all other sports in a northern specific conference.

They'd also be realigned with UMass.

It won't be the immediate end of the world for us if JMU and Delawre leave the CAA and go FBS.

We'll still be in a league with:

Albany

Stony Brook

Maine

UNH

URI

Richmond

Towson

Villanova

William & Mary

The problem, of course, is that the above league only has 2 CAA members in it. Why would the CAA continue operate the CAA Football conference if it only has two members involved?

Especially becuase I'm sure William & Mary would be looking at the SoCon in that scenario.

Maybe, just maybe this will end up giving AEast another shot at a football conference.

JMU-->Sun Belt

Delaware-->MAC/A10

William & Mary-->SoCon

Towson-->America East (natural rival with UMBC)

That would give AEast/A10/Big East FCS football conference of:

Albany

Stony Brook

Maine

UNH

URI

Richmond

Towson

Villanova

The natural 10th team is Georgetown (Big East) but only if they commit to facilities and scholarships (highly unlikely). If not, then I say extend Monmouth an invite and ask them to at least get up to 8,500 seats.

Forget Monmouth - bring in Central Connecticut as a full member of America East with football