UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2013 Men's Lacrosse

Can't believe I missed this one...ugggh...had all intentions of watching it just forgot.

I. Time Warner Sports (Albany):

Time Warner Sports (Albany) appears to have the replay scheduled for Monday, February 18:

College Lacrosse – “Albany (N.Y.) at Syracuse”

Tomorrow 2/18, 7:00pm – 9:00pm (120 minutes)

http://tvlistings.timewarnercable.com/tvListings/

II. Central New York Time Warner Sports:

It looks like the game will be replayed on Central New York Time Warner Sports at 7:00PM on Tuesday:

http://www.twcs.tv/p...sp?id=2013-2-17

Dvr already set

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardon the expression

BUT

that's apples and oranges

Cuse women's volleyball ain't all that

Men's lacrosse on the other hand

LEGENDARY

He did ask "any sport".

Exactly. I just answered the question and figured he was already aware that we had not beaten them in basketball or played them in football,

The funny thing, I think this is the second biggest victory in school history...behind beating John Hopkins

You're right. I think Hopkins was #1 at the time. I think because this is Syracuse and there has been so many years of near misses this seems jpretty close.

I think we're back folks. Impressed with both offense and defense. It was assumed syracuse's offense would kick in, and it did.

What I was impressed with was the mental toughness to keep retaking the lead and ultimately take this game.

For a rookie goalie, this dude is the real deal. With some experience, he's going to shine.

Scary first overtime. We did get the ball with a few seconds left, not enough to generate a run.

Syracuse is always strong in faceoffs, but we've improved in that department as well.... 15us, 20them... not too bad.

I few times we tried to run through a few tight squeezes, instead of passing, to clear and lost it.... but for the most part, the

clearing game looks strong.

This was the year we were going to see if our thompson-led offense was the real deal..... it's the real deal.

Let's rock.

Comments from @ the game. It felt like our two AmEast BB championships. Parents/Fans hugging and crying. Players charging onto field running in circles/hugging/leaping/ sticks and arms in the air. Noise incredible even in spacious dome. 4200 announced attendance--felt like more; UA as loud or louder than orange. Of course, we never trailed and led by 4 & 5 on a number of occasions, which probably kept the home crowd subdued.

Defense was awesome [sounds weird to say giving up 15 goals; but with new rules a lot of goals is going to be the norm I think] and they were absolutely incredible in the first OT when UA never got the ball once, yet the D for five full minutes simply would not bend or break.

The offense seemed to be able to score at will. At times the Thompson's made it look easy {I never played the game and I am sure it is NOT easy to score}. but they are just so good and know each other and have such confidence; well they make it look easy. Great to get goals and assists from a number of others also. Don't forget, Syracuse is supposedly noted for their defense.

AT least two in the face no call slashing penalties. One on Ty where you could not only see it but could hear the hit over the crowd noise. One on Tim Cox on a break where his head snapped back so far, I thought he was going to do a reverse back flip. Well after all, it is the dome where you could not buy a call with anything less than the state budget; but if you re-watch the game check these two no calls out. Anyhow Great Game; all around team effort.

The two key things I saw...faceoffs need to improve for the team, especially down the stretch. It has been an issue for a long time.

the other thing is staying healthy. Injuries have killed this team the past few years. If the team stays healthy...watch out.

By the way, the Great Danes are ranked in the Top 25 as of this morning. Nike/IL Media Poll and the Coaches Poll has UA ranked #16. Syracuse dropped to #18.

In all sports, I still believe that the UA win over Washington is the biggest.

In lacrosse, this is the biggest win; Hopkins was big at the time because they are Hopkins but both teams were evenly matched going in the game.

In this match, first it is not just Syracuse...but our big bad cousin from next store who we couldn't seem to get the family to pry their attention away from. This win is huge because it is the "game" that there was no "what ifs". We came through.

With the new rules, this is also highly impressive (without watching the game) because goals will be scored this year; NOT ALLOWING ANY GOALS IN A PRESSURE PACKED OT...ON THE ROAD..WITHOUT HOLDING POSSESSION is a major accomplishment for a young team.

Marr's biggest job is keeping these guys even keeled. They MUST go at least 2-1 over the next three or this loses its short term benefit.

Have to watch the replay tonight, I heard the announcers said there were 'about 100' Albany fans, I'm sure there were several times that. Still don't think we were louder than the home team, unless you were in the middle of us.

Still, good to see the State University of New York take out Onondaga County's College Team.

Have to watch the replay tonight, I heard the announcers said there were 'about 100' Albany fans, I'm sure there were several times that. Still don't think we were louder than the home team, unless you were in the middle of us.

Still, good to see the State University of New York take out Onondaga County's College Team.

They must only be counting the first 6 rows in the section "reserved" for Albany fans.