UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Where's the recruiting talk?

I'll tell you what, that Lady of Good Counsel team must have been sick. Look at all of those 3 and 4 star recruits.

Final 2012 Rankings for Good Counsel

The Washington Post #1 (4th consecutive)

The Maryland State Media Poll #1

The USA Today Super 25  #10

Sports Illustrated #11

ESPN 25 Power Rankings #13

FOX Sports Next Top 50 #13

MaxPreps Xcellent 25 National Football Rankings #19

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About Ngachie . . . and I am an ardent supporter of UA football (and UA athletics overall), so I'm just asking out of curiosity, about Ngachie (this could apply to some others, too) . . . why do you think he would choose UA, given the list of offers has had? Move to CAA? a chance to play more immediately and perhaps get more recognition? the stadium? Believe me, I welcome them all . . . I'm just curious about what folks think.

Was at the women's game tonight. Saw Coach Mion (there was a study hall in the Hall of Fame room) and asked 'How did we get this Ngachie kid? He wouldn't say more than 'a lot of hard work'. Also asked McElroy, who just said we had a 'lot of luck' to get him, we originally thought he might go to New Hampshire or a similar place. Also said he was impressed by the stadium - I wonder if steelwork + imagination is more impressive than the finished product will be.

Obviously the Juco guys can play right away. I think the FCS transfers can as well. Any chance any of the freshman skips the redshirt year? Pretty sure Dillion Romain didn't redshirt.

FCS transfers have to sit a year I think. The FBS transfers can play right away.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of these Frosh play right away. I think we'll need them on defense.

TU story quotes Ngachie on this question about the other "big-time" schools . . . apparently, some of those schools got hesitant about his size (5-11), and I like what Ngachie had to say about that.

So do I.

Kid can play. Even Fordie said in his video that he is smaller than what we normally recruit.

I loved this part:

Downer, who might redshirt this fall, said he was also offered by James Madison, VMI, St. Francis and Maine.

"In the end, it's the school that sells itself and not so much where they're playing or what (stadium) they're playing in," Downer said.

I loved this part:

Downer, who might redshirt this fall, said he was also offered by James Madison, VMI, St. Francis and Maine.

"In the end, it's the school that sells itself and not so much where they're playing or what (stadium) they're playing in," Downer said.

And now that we don't have conference and lack of stadium holding us back, the sky is the limit.

UAlbany begins a new era Main story in T-U sports today

Says that Downer may redshirt

The online story also includes several photos of Ford Field from different viewpoints than the webcam

Don't want to be a "Debbie Downer" on what appears to be an amazing class; but the article reiterates home opener 9/14. Maybe because I have waited so long and I am so anxious to get into the new stadium, but I am still very bummed that we can not get someone/anyone there for an 8/31 or thereabout OPENER!

UAlbany begins a new era Main story in T-U sports today

Says that Downer may redshirt

The online story also includes several photos of Ford Field from different viewpoints than the webcam

Don't want to be a "Debbie Downer" on what appears to be an amazing class; but the article reiterates home opener 9/14. Maybe because I have waited so long and I am so anxious to get into the new stadium, but I am still very bummed that we can not get someone/anyone there for an 8/31 or thereabout OPENER!

You're always the debbie downer. We're used to it.

And yes - it stinks, but it is what it is. lets pack the house on the 14th and enjoy the amazing progress.

Boom...this.

There is NOTHING to be down on. Sheeeeet....if we have a bad W-L year there is nothing to be down on; we have FINALLY opened the door to potential.

Seriously, we just had a news conference to announce our National Class. Who would have EVER thought that. Heck, SBU didn't even do that in the Big South.

We are in the FCS big time now...and this includes TV games, exposure, and events that Fordie even said, "I hope happen every year"...even bigger (his words).

Boom...this.

There is NOTHING to be down on. Sheeeeet....if we have a bad W-L year there is nothing to be down on; we have FINALLY opened the door to potential.

Seriously, we just had a news conference to announce our National Class. Who would have EVER thought that. Heck, SBU didn't even do that in the Big South.

We are in the FCS big time now...and this includes TV games, exposure, and events that Fordie even said, "I hope happen every year"...even bigger (his words).

I can tell you now that next year will be even bigger for signing day. This year was a test run of sorts. Next year is supposed to be an event.