UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the story is the same, just Google, "Bob Ford Retiring" and see what comes up. It's amazing that almost every major newspaper in big cities and small are picking up on the feed of the story. It's a big deal because Ford is probably one of the last persons who will coach for nearly 5 decades...and at the same school to boot!

I love Ford and the UA football "family"; but wouldn't this be a good time to go out and hire a "NAME" coach with some pedigree? I know it would cost more, but if we are moving up wouldn't the expense be worthwhile? I am not saying I recommend doing this, just throwing it out there for blog discussion.

Wouldn't this help with recruiting and at this level, I think recruiting is as important as X's and O's; and may be even more important???

Edited by dslyank

As for Rossomando, although his success is obviously impressive.... Is he impressive enough to take UAlbany to FCS championships, or does he tend to be more of a sentimental choice for some of us UA fans?

He was Division II coach of the year and rebuilt the New Haven program (which dropped football) to one of the best DII teams in the country in less than 5 years. He has more than enough credentials.

I know his track record well, but I am not familiar with other fcs assistants around the country... For me, Rossomando has to be considered a front runner. As for McCarthy.. as 72 put it, if he wanted a career as head coach, one would think he would have gone after it by now.