UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

"He led Delaware to multiple national championship games" -- not at Delaware -- this happened when he was at D-3 Rowan U. of New Jersey -- he lost all of them, mostly to Mount Union in routs. I taught at Rowan before coming to Albany in 1984, before the Keeler era, admittedly. I think he brings too many questions, as others on the board have pointed out. Coach in mid-late 30s or 40s with outstanding record at well-regarded FCS or FBS teams, as OC, Assoc Head, something like that. PROVEN strong ability to recruit and retain will be an essential component.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He led Delaware to multiple national championship games" -- not at Delaware -- this happened when he was at D-3 Rowan U. of New Jersey -- he lost all of them, mostly to Mount Union in routs. I taught at Rowan before coming to Albany in 1984, before the Keeler era, admittedly. I think he brings too many questions, as others on the board have pointed out. Coach in mid-late 30s or 40s with outstanding record at well-regarded FCS or FBS teams, as OC, Assoc Head, something like that. PROVEN strong ability to recruit and retain will be an essential component.

+ 1 on this. Amen.

Without going back and looking, I believe he had Delaware in 3 national championship games... winning one.

Anyhow, it's been 2 months since the official announcement of Ford's retirement. Is it possible that we have

already done some interviews? We have about 5 weeks until the end of our season. I hope things are getting lined up, so we can get the process completed in a reasonable amount of time.

Without going back and looking, I believe he had Delaware in 3 national championship games... winning one.

Anyhow, it's been 2 months since the official announcement of Ford's retirement. Is it possible that we have

already done some interviews? We have about 5 weeks until the end of our season. I hope things are getting lined up, so we can get the process completed in a reasonable amount of time.

Keeler did take Delaware to 3 national championships 03, 07, 10 winning in 2003. They also made the Quartes in 2004.

If I came to you and told you we had a chance to hire a guy with the following resume, what would you say? Could you find a better candidate on paper? Paper isn't all of it of course, but it's hard to overlook...

9 National Championship appearances over his career (multiple divisions)

1 FCS national championship

Multiple CAA titles

Multiple all-Americans

Alumni including a Super Bowl MVP

Don't get me wrong, he's not necessarily my first choice as he's not a Bob Ford disciple, but he's got to be up there on the list.

Edited by danefan

• 4 weeks later...