UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Attendance (Home Opener)  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the Times Union messed up on good coverage of the URI game. The staff usually sends out a crew to Capital District events for the "Were You Seen" spot. I can't imagine a more important social event going on within a 100-mile radius from the Times Union HQ.

On Friday I asked Kristi G. of the TU to come for the Were You Seen, she told me that they already had staff all booked for that weekend, and said it was a good idea just had events they were already going to. Gotta be quicker on submitted idea requests to her. We should suggest Homecoming.

Edited by MsGDG

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the weekend the T-U was at Fantacon (four days at the Palace), Hispanic Heritage at the Plaza (Sat. afternoon), and at a benefit for the Washington Park Conservancy in what looked like the evening - is this Zimpher at the park instead of at the stadium?

960x540.jpg

I was a little surprised at the number of URI fans at the game; I don't think an 0-3 CCSU will bring as many.

I was a little surprised at the number of URI fans at the game; I don't think an 0-3 CCSU will bring as many.

CCSU fans might make the drive just to see the awesome stadium.

I'm with Danefan is wanting all the people on the berm counted towards official attendance. Most colleges INFLATE their attendance numbers and we are not counting people who were actually at the game!

I am glad ZImpher was not there; her stance on Nano sickens me. I couldn't deal with her and Hitchcock at the same facility. I pointed out Hitchcock to Click and his brother...sitting in the President's box no less.

I wanted to vomit.

That said, I think we have a nicer facility than SBU.

I am glad ZImpher was not there; her stance on Nano sickens me. I couldn't deal with her and Hitchcock at the same facility. I pointed out Hitchcock to Click and his brother...sitting in the President's box no less.

I wanted to vomit.

That said, I think we have a nicer facility than SBU.

In the end it all worked out...now, about that Phase II...

I was at the RI game. Great seats and the new stadium is impressive. However, Coach Ford was right when he commented that he almost fell asleep. If we want to keep the stands and burm packed the game needs more excitement.

At what point do officials start talking about Phase 2? If we get another game or two with crowds like last Saturday, we'll know for sure that even larger crowds are possible IMHO.

Have "announced" crowds of 8500 (listed capacity) every game and talk starts at the end of the season.

At what point do officials start talking about Phase 2? If we get another game or two with crowds like last Saturday, we'll know for sure that even larger crowds are possible IMHO.

Have "announced" crowds of 8500 (listed capacity) every game and talk starts at the end of the season.

Or announce a verified 10,000+ for Homecoming; I wouldn't expect a full house for New Hampshire in November.

Any time you can show more fans than you have seats for, you can justify expansion.

I now believe that if we will build it they will come. I have spoken with so many first time attendees after Saturday's game, all of whom truly enjoyed their experience. Larger crowds in November might be tough, but I think there is a large and untapped football fan base in the 518.

11,000 is the tip of the iceberg.