UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Is there a real game on November 8?

sorry guys meant to pop in and congratulate on the win against Siena.

Looks like after watching the Vt game you guys will have your usual scrums for the title.

Siena is left in far worse shape than many were willing to admit or recognize.

There may be a poster or two comparing this guy to that etc... ie Long to Franklin but that isnt me for sure. Long is going to be solid but we have some real issues with quality depth and the talented guys we do have ... have no experience. Siena will indeed be tougher in March than they are today but make no mistake about it... the fix is going to require adding more talent PERIOD... and that will mean some on the roster moving on. It is what it is.

Ogunyemi in the vermont game got two garbage calls early that looked like the usual "home team is missing a guy due to injury so lets even it up" and his fifth foul was actually White not JO... the officials elected not to review the play. JO is going to be a nice player for Siena but has played against two VERY experienced and crafty front lines.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like after watching the Vt game you guys will have your usual scrums for the title.

There may be a poster or two comparing this guy to that etc... ie Long to Franklin but that isnt me for sure. Long is going to be solid but we have some real issues with quality depth and the talented guys we do have ... have no experience. Siena will indeed be tougher in March than they are today but make no mistake about it... the fix is going to require adding more talent PERIOD... and that will mean some on the roster moving on. It is what it is.

Ogunyemi in the vermont game got two garbage calls early that looked like the usual "home team is missing a guy due to injury so lets even it up" and his fifth foul was actually White not JO... the officials elected not to review the play. JO is going to be a nice player for Siena but has played against two VERY experienced and crafty front lines.

Good luck the rest of the season. Curious to hear what you think the new deal for the Albany Cup should be if there is one again.

I can't say good luck because lets face it...when it comes to Siena and UA I can't really wish Siena luck. Having said that, I agree with you that Mitch has left you guys in a terrible spot. That's why when people were saying that Siena was going to run all day and press all day...I raised an eyebrow...how? There is very little depth...it will take a year or two to turns this around.

Right now Siena is a mess...I think you'd agree.

Well, technically he's right. Siena the institution is a fine place (no worse/better than UAlbany academically) I'm sure. Siena the athletic side of it, however, is not.

Call it how it is, and try to leave the low level stuff to the Saints fans.

Sienna & UA are very different places Academically and Athletically and in some cases that is better or worse. With no Graduate program to speak of Siena is a nice place for nice average kids to go. UA has big problems with student / professor ratio but the academic profile is better, the diversity at UA is much better and awesome, and the research is continuing to improve and obviously in some areas - top notch. Don't let any private school pundit fool you - New York gives more aid to private colleges than ALL OTHER STATES COMBINED = Bundyaid - look it up in the nys budget. Just wait and see how our UA explodes as our endowment - a relatively new idea at NYS Colleges, grows to support the mission. TAKE PRIDE - more 1st gen college students GRADUATE from UA than any other college in the state - even our much larger brothers at UB and Stony. Athletically, the difference is easy to see. Besides Bball and an occasional anomaly, UA Athletics is the pride of the capital region. As our facilities improve the region will come around to that conclusion as well. there is no comparison between the schools, no reason to low ball them but also no reason not to crow loud about UA.

I'm definitely more proud of being a current UA student than I was 2-3 years ago, that's for sure. But I also don't think that, as Bob says, Siena is "garbage". Not saying it's some top notch private school, by any means.

I agree with the rest of your post. UA is building something nice, with or without Nano being separate.

As Football goes, so does the rest of athletics. If we can get that program humming, it'll fund all of the other ones including itself...bring in better student athletes for all sports and even bring in better students in general.

Sorry, bit OT. Back on topic. The Arena was nice and loud last night at key moments of the game. Glad the SA has been feeding the kids and bringing them to games...they make a HUGE difference.

Edited by Ilko

Well, technically he's right. Siena the institution is a fine place (no worse/better than UAlbany academically) I'm sure. Siena the athletic side of it, however, is not.

Sienna & UA are very different places Academically and Athletically and in some cases that is better or worse. With no Graduate program to speak of Siena is a nice place for nice average kids to go. UA has big problems with student / professor ratio but the academic profile is better, the diversity at UA is much better and awesome, and the research is continuing to improve and obviously in some areas - top notch. Don't let any private school pundit fool you - New York gives more aid to private colleges than ALL OTHER STATES COMBINED = Bundyaid - look it up in the nys budget. Just wait and see how our UA explodes as our endowment - a relatively new idea at NYS Colleges, grows to support the mission. TAKE PRIDE - more 1st gen college students GRADUATE from UA than any other college in the state - even our much larger brothers at UB and Stony. Athletically, the difference is easy to see. Besides Bball and an occasional anomaly, UA Athletics is the pride of the capital region. As our facilities improve the region will come around to that conclusion as well. there is no comparison between the schools, no reason to low ball them but also no reason not to crow loud about UA.

I'm definitely more proud of being a current UA student than I was 2-3 years ago, that's for sure. But I also don't think that, as Bob says, Siena is "garbage". Not saying it's some top notch private school, by any means.

I agree with the rest of your post. UA is building something nice, with or without Nano being separate.

As Football goes, so does the rest of athletics. If we can get that program humming, it'll fund all of the other ones including itself...bring in better student athletes for all sports and even bring in better students in general.

Sorry, bit OT. Back on topic. The Arena was nice and loud last night at key moments of the game. Glad the SA has been feeding the kids and bringing them to games...they make a HUGE difference.

Who provided the food? Athletics, Student Association, Alumni Association or Danger Zone ? Though maybe Danger Zone is run by the Alumni Association right?..I dunno.. Just curious because it's great when they advertise food and then actually have it there. I know last year Athletics advertised pizza for a football game and then they never had any.

Edited by MsGDG

.....As Football goes, so does the rest of athletics. If we can get that program humming, it'll fund all of the other ones including itself...llko

I don't believe this is accurate.

I totally support Football but Football will never fund itself and all other athletics. A higher profile football is good for the school but will not bring in that type of money.

Just not even a possibility - unless we go FBS and into a major conference with a huge TV contact and I don't believe that will happen anytime soon.

.....As Football goes, so does the rest of athletics. If we can get that program humming, it'll fund all of the other ones including itself...llko

I don't believe this is accurate.

I totally support Football but Football will never fund itself and all other athletics. A higher profile football is good for the school but will not bring in that type of money.

Just not even a possibility - unless we go FBS and into a major conference with a huge TV contact and I don't believe that will happen anytime soon.

Patch is right - just look at the MAC (not MAAC) schools - most of them have dropped their athletic programs to skeletons to keep raising Fball profile.

Guess I have dreams of football being huge up here in Albany (as it's the only real D1 football program within a 3hr radius (Syracuse being the closest, Boston College being the other).

Who provided the food? Athletics, Student Association, Alumni Association or Danger Zone ? Though maybe Danger Zone is run by the Alumni Association right?..I dunno.. Just curious because it's great when they advertise food and then actually have it there. I know last year Athletics advertised pizza for a football game and then they never had any.

I thought it was SA but it might have been one of the other groups. But yes, the pizza was in the gym across the hall from SEFCU (I got a couple slices). Only issue was that it wasn't piping hot pizza...but whatevs.

Edited by Ilko