UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Is there a real game on November 8?

"We have 3,000 (fans with) season tickets. Everything else is good. The team just needs to win more games."

While I would love to have this many season ticket holders, this dispels the myth Siena fans spew about how many season ticket holders they have on record. And, I am sure Siena fans will say, "Patsos has no idea of the actual number" however, you better believe he asked that question when interviewing...so he knows.

i believe the season ticket number peaked under Fran. It is currently around 3,000. it had dropped by about 500-800 per year under Mitch.

Good thing you fired him or you'd be at UA season ticket holder levels...good grief! That man did some serious damage...lol

remembering back to then... i posted on the Siena board that the Mitch hire would go down as the worst thing to ever happen to the program. Fast forward a few years.. and here we are. The damage runs deep and deeper than some of the Siena casual fans understand. The roster and class balance are f*cked up. They will need to open two scholarships next year to help right the ship.

in my opinion

Hymes

Bisping

Silas

Oliver

Audu

Hopper

are all essentially wasted scholarships.

Edited by SaintsFan

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the new rules in college basketball on hand checking and playing defense, the more athletic teams have a huge advantage over slower physical teams like UA and UVM.

If Long and Wright are as athletic as the above post indicates (1) those kids should play in a BCS conference and (2) UA is going to have a tough time with them.

See I don't understand this talk...did you see the scrimmage? Maybe I should start a poll on how many people thought UA was lumbering and un-athletic. I mean even Will Brown addressed the makeup of this team...

before you go all BCS on me as you did... Long is a problem because he is 6'6" 234 and can dribble like a combo guard. Wright gave a brief glimpse all be it against NJCU with 8 assists against 1 turnover. The really "athletic" guy is Wolfe his problem is that at 6'9" 200 lbs that can be a problem playing the 4/5. Long is capable of playing in the A10. Wright is slight as was Moore ... very similar size. He is a pass first PG.

Wright signed under Patsos and then blew up his senior season. He had a great relationship with Patsos and decided to stay with him. He had some high levels sniffing around when Patsos left Loyola.

Long's mother really wants him to get a chance to play the three or at least work with a coach who will attempt to take advantage of his skill set. He is a tweener and thus not a guarantee at the next level as a 3 nor a 4 as he would be undersized. I think building a relationship with the mother was the biggest reason Long didnt wind up in the A10 or similar.

Both have that ability. The question is ... will it be realized this early (ie game 1) of their careers?

I was addressing UA_MA...not sure what going all BCS on you means. Clearly UA doesn't have BCS level athletes but UA_MA and you make it seem that it's a team of Brett Giffords...You may very well be more athletic at certain positions and that's fine. But you can't run if you can't rebound...

not you... the other guy UA_MA

"We have 3,000 (fans with) season tickets. Everything else is good. The team just needs to win more games."

While I would love to have this many season ticket holders, this dispels the myth Siena fans spew about how many season ticket holders they have on record. And, I am sure Siena fans will say, "Patsos has no idea of the actual number" however, you better believe he asked that question when interviewing...so he knows.

i believe the season ticket number peaked under Fran. It is currently around 3,000. it had dropped by about 500-800 per year under Mitch.

And just so you know, I wasn't picking on you or Siena per se-- just some of the delusional posters. Good luck tomorrow...but I hope you lose. ;)

Should be an interesting matchup.

UA seems to have alot of question marks in its backcourt hopefully DJ can run the point smoothly but I don't believe he can "Be like Mike" and who will consistently stretch defenses without a Iati on the court.

Where will our on court leadership come from?

I think a rivalry game + first game of the year + college basketball's new rules + new backcourts for each team = lots of fouls and lots of guys playing and subbing in.

I think this will almost be a glorified scrimmage for both teams. Lots of fouls and turnovers I predict. I'm excited to see how our guys gel out there tomorrow.

So how many minutes into the game before Coach goes to a zone defense due to the new foul rules? With our frontcourt, I would like to see a 3-2 or dare I even submit a 2-1-2 ... .

Edited by UA_MA_2000

One thing we'll know for sure..this game is hardly ever a blow-out...should be entertaining.

hope you didn't jinx UA. :)

I will be following the twitter feed for updates and this is 1 time that LCC being a joke school hurts as it would have been nice to be able to catch the end on TW3 at the pub after the volleyball game ends. But as everyone should already know this LCC home game has been bumped for a high school football game being played at Albany.

Edited by bob87

One thing we'll know for sure..this game is hardly ever a blow-out...should be entertaining.

I will be following the twitter feed for updates and this is 1 time that LCC being a joke school hurts as it would have been nice to be able to catch the end on TW3 at the pub after the volleyball game ends. But as everyone should already know this LCC home game has been bumped for a high school football game being played at Albany.

follow me on twitter @sienasaintsfan

LOL.

There are far better sources

if youre looking for a particular interpretation of what is going on ... well then select that one. If you enjoy absorbing multiple interpreations... by all means follow :ph34r:

if youre looking for a particular interpretation of what is going on ... well then select that one. If you enjoy absorbing multiple interpreations... by all means follow :ph34r:

I follow... :ph34r: saitsfan and I have had our battles but he's a decent enough guy...just saying...

In a blog entry today by Timmy W. of the TU, there is a quote by Coach about not mistaking his team's size for lack of athleticism and about playing up tempo if need be. Awesome!

Coach is right; he knows what he has better than any of us, and he is pretty darn good at matchups.

OT, but under the radar here is Devlin. If I recall correctly, we don't win that game up in Vermont last March without his clutch shots along the way, especially in the first half.

We might start slow against Siena being on the road and all, but I trust Coach's use of his assets and his ability to adapt during the game.