UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

If there is no offer at this point in the game for these seniors, they probably aren't coming. The "interest" tag means nothing without an offer. I have coached kids who went to all of these combines whose profiles ended up on scout and rivals and have 10 1-a schools listed with medium interest, they were all d2/3 players in the end. Once we start stealing kids with legitimate offers, then we know we have arrived in the recruiting game.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a good article on recruiting and why you shouldn't get caught up in internet ratings. Its about George O'Leary and his recruiting philosophy at UCF which just upset Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl with a bunch of "unheralded" recruits.

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=UCF-George-OLeary-A-lot-of-coaches-recruit-stars-and-get-fired-in-3-years

“I think a lot of the universities use the star system, and the coach usually gets fired three years later,” he said. “I don't think there's a science to recruiting. I think you have to look at tape. That's what I look at. I think the eye in the sky doesn't lie. They take kids that don't fit their program. I think the key to recruiting is to take kids that fit into the culture of your program, chemistry‑wise, is so important on the football field as far as the program is concerned.

• 2 weeks later...

http://mode.github.i...owns/index.html

Check out all of the caa teams. It's amazing how geography plays a role in recruiting. Some think all of these schools are flying all over the country to get prospects....it's all close to home in the end.

Look at us in particular. Much too high a concentration in NYS. Not nearly enough in PA, Ohio, Maryland, etc... Don't have too go far, but need to get out of NY a little more. A couple years in the CAA and Gattuso's networks in PA and MD should help that. We've only got one CAA recruiting class in.

Edited by danefan

What about SoCal. Such a great breeding ground for skill positions. And who wouldn't want to trade sand and surf for cold, foreboding grey skies penetrated by cold and foreboding white towers?

I kid, but I'd like to see more skill kids out if the urban Jersey areas. Traditionally huge skill position ground there.

No. We had FBS guys in our DIII days. And, our own Danefan was an FBS transfer. :)

Now is this guy the most accomplished-- BY FAR!!!! He was a starter for the Terps before he left the team. He was a four-star recruit, started his Frosh and Soph seasons at Maryland, and held offers from a ton of big time schools including, Michigan, Wisconsin, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Rutgers, VA Tech, Purdue, etc.

Despite reports to the contrary, it was not disciplinary.

http://www.testudoti...leaves-maryland

http://rivals.yahoo....-Madaras-109976

Edited by Dane96

What's more important- he is a former Good Counsel H.S. player, home of our own Marcel Ngachie and Michael Nicastro!!!!

I believe we have another recruit in the pipeline from Good Counsel as well on top of Sam Madaras, Mike's brother. Keep 'em coming.

Edited by Dane96

Sam's not too shabby (said, tongue in cheek...he's pretty darn good) himself:

"Sam Madaras, a three-star senior guard at Good Counsel with offers from Eastern Kentucky, Hawaii, Miami (Ohio) and North Carolina State, according to Rivals.com, also announced his oral commitment on Twitter after visiting campus."