UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2016

More geographically diverse than years past. Still always wondered why they don't make more of a downstate push though.

They probably do, but kids want to play outside of NY. Just look at St. Johns.

I think that's more reflective of NY hoops in general, than it is an indictment of the location. SJU should be a powerhouse year in and out. They should dominate the NYC scene and be very competitive in the tri-state area. The lure of playing routinely in MSG should alone be enough. As someone who lives in Queens (and went to HS 5 blocks away from SJU), they do a terrible job at marketing. It's actually pathetic. I know sometimes we complain about sports marketing at UA, but you'd be shocked at how inept they are at SJU

I'm not sure who we can get out of these lists but we're recruiting in a much nicer neighborhood. A lot of guys with MAC and Horizon League offers. Eric Monroe who Phoenix mentioned is a three star recruit who might be on one of the better high school teams in the country next year. I'm not sure how you convince him to come to Albany from San Diego but that's another story.

Monroe is off the board to Yale. Guess he wanted to play for a UAlbany alum..just not AT UAlbany.

I'm not sure who we can get out of these lists but we're recruiting in a much nicer neighborhood. A lot of guys with MAC and Horizon League offers. Eric Monroe who Phoenix mentioned is a three star recruit who might be on one of the better high school teams in the country next year. I'm not sure how you convince him to come to Albany from San Diego but that's another story.

Monroe is off the board to Yale. Guess he wanted to play for a UAlbany alum..just not AT UAlbany.

I would have liked him to come to Albany but I can understand that choice.

Shen's Kevin Huerter reportedly trimmed his list of prospective schools..which now does not include UAlbany.

Also..Blake Spellman committed to Northern Kentucky. Second 2016 recruit we've lost to the Norse this month.

Some kids don't want the pressure of playing at home.

Shen's Kevin Huerter reportedly trimmed his list of prospective schools..which now does not include UAlbany.

Also..Blake Spellman committed to Northern Kentucky. Second 2016 recruit we've lost to the Norse this month.

Some kids don't want the pressure of playing at home.

LOL...or they value playing for Big10, ACC type schools. That kid was always a long shot, he's going WAY higher.

His remaining list... Villanova, Maryland, Notre Dame, Michigan, Creighton, Iowa, Davidson, and Indiana

Edited by Clickclack

Didn't know what schools were recruiting him as I can't be bothered to follow each and every kid that we are possibly looking at; too much work. It's understandable to pass on Albany for not only a powerhouse sports program at those schools but the name recognition that comes with getting an education from one of those institutions. But regardless, playing at home is not on his list of priorities or he'd still be considering Albany (even if we were dead last). It's not like we're D3/chopped liver.

• 2 weeks later...

Will Tavares committed to Fordham. Maybe someone forgot to tell him Brown during down that gig and is still at UAlbany?

It's the A10 but Fordham hasn't won in a while. They just fired Tom Pecora who did a nice job when he was at Hofstra but couldn't win at Fordham. I'm not sure who can.