UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Conference Talk

Michigan_Dane

The CAA Board is once again speculating that we'll make the leap when JMU departs. Maybe SBU comes along?

Thoughts?

I think we've got the best hand we're likely to ever get. Men's basketball with NCAA trips 4 of the past 9 years. Women's hoops 3 for 3 to the NCAAs. A very good LAX team. Rocking track team. I think our portfolio of success doesn't get much better than this.

If offered and we decline are we waiting for something better?

I would only decline if the MAC was in play down the road. Maybe they pick up UA and SBU to close the geographic gap between Buffalo and Boston (UMass). Give us all sports with the option for football if or when we meet the attendance and facility requirements. Buffalo was slow to start but has been a good MAC member. Bet on the other 2 football SUNYs.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CAA Board is once again speculating that we'll make the leap when JMU departs. Maybe SBU comes along?

Thoughts?

I think we've got the best hand we're likely to ever get. Men's basketball with NCAA trips 4 of the past 9 years. Women's hoops 3 for 3 to the NCAAs. A very good LAX team. Rocking track team. I think our portfolio of success doesn't get much better than this.

If offered and we decline are we waiting for something better?

I would only decline if the MAC was in play down the road. Maybe they pick up UA and SBU to close the geographic gap between Buffalo and Boston (UMass). Give us all sports with the option for football if or when we meet the attendance and facility requirements. Buffalo was slow to start but has been a good MAC member. Bet on the other 2 football SUNYs.

Poor stony brook may never make the tourney now if they make the jump to the caa haha!

With the recent success of the basketball programs, it's hard to not see some folks calling Brown/Abrahamson about leaving. That being said, do you think a conference 'upgrade' would coax them both into staying and continuing to build?

With the recent success of the basketball programs, it's hard to not see some folks calling Brown/Abrahamson about leaving. That being said, do you think a conference 'upgrade' would coax them both into staying and continuing to build?

Kansas State job is open, women's coach was making about $600 K, the Big 12 is a multiple bid conference. Moving to the CAA is not going to keep Coach Abe IF she is looking to move up. I say IF because I don't know what she wants. As for Coach Brown - he may be comfortable staying here no matter if we stay in the AE or move to the CAA.

How does it work when a coach is under contract? Does the new team but out the old teams contract?

Dr McElroy does not put buy-out clauses in the coaches contracts. He allows them to pursue a higher level job if that is what they are looking for. Coach Abe has made this a much more attractive job than it was previously. We will get very good candidates if she moves on. With all of that she is special and I hope she stays.

Many people believe we delayed until after the AEast tourney. I suspect if we do move, they already know and will announce after the tournament game.

With our hopes for lacrosse this year could they wait until the end of spring conference championships? (Baseball ends May 25)