UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing specific to the visitors bleachers.

Coach Gattuso did mention in his speech that Pres Jones has spoken to him about continuing to expand the stadium when the time is right. So he is still thinking expansion at some point.

We're playing some great programs at home this year, it would be a damn shame if they kept that side unfinished this season. Not only for the lost ticket revenue, but it will look amateur. Can you imagine being at games or watching on TV with the entire visitor-side looking like a gravel pit? They won't let that happen, will they?

Edited by madDOG

Meanwhile, such an enlightened comment in a letter to the editor of the T-U, published Sunday:

Kudos for piece on the departure of McElroy

I'm a longtime subscriber to the Times Union and found Pete Iorizzo's recent essay the most interesting piece I've ever read in our Albany paper 'Lack of a plan chased McElroy,' (June 22).

I found out the football program at the University at Albany has the smallest budget of any school in the Colonial Athletic Association league.

As a teenager, I went to almost all of the games our school played. I occasionally enjoy watching a football game on television. However, I believe the University at Albany should concentrate on education (particularly language study), not sports. I realize that students learn things from football, like faced with an "other" the thing to do is to hit him as hard as possible, damage him as much as you can. I hope to read a year or two from now that UAlbany is still at the bottom of the pack when it comes to spending on football.

E. MURPHY CARRUTHERS

Whatta ya gonna do with people like this?

• 2 weeks later...