UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Not sure who else offered but the way recruiting works, you get noticed as a junior and at camps between junior and senior year. He may have been under the radar because he was a QB as a junior and I don't know if he did any camps. At our level, these are the layers that you have to find.

We need RB depth. I think we only have two returning scholarship RB's. Andre Martin hasn't had the chance to establish himself because he's played behind Omar the last 2 years. Croskey seems to have speed and a lot of potential but you just don't know. I think One of the new signees - Alston is also a RB but given his size, I don't see him being an every down back (in the short term anyway)

Edited by reeder

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't know where to put this but has to do with recruiting just not by us. I saw an interesting scene yesterday before the Hartford game. I stopped at Panera to grab some health food :) and sitting next to me was the head coach of Delaware football and an assistant chatting about the program. A minute later a very tall athletic looking kid walked in wearing a windbreaker from a local high school. He was with his mom and sat at the table with them and I heard the whole pitch. So interesting to hear the what these coaches are saying during recruiting meetings with these high school kids.

Didn't know where to put this but has to do with recruiting just not by us. I saw an interesting scene yesterday before the Hartford game. I stopped at Panera to grab some health food :) and sitting next to me was the head coach of Delaware football and an assistant chatting about the program. A minute later a very tall athletic looking kid walked in wearing a windbreaker from a local high school. He was with his mom and sat at the table with them and I heard the whole pitch. So interesting to hear the what these coaches are saying during recruiting meetings with these high school kids.

Lame post...;) What was in the pitch?

I really hope Gattuso ups the free lunches from Panera to at LEAST Applebee's

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. "Is this really happening at Panera?" None of them were eating and I don't know the rules about them buying anything for the recruit, like food. I thought it was weird that all was said right out in the open where many people could hear. It's not a loud restaurant and the tables are very close together.

Lame post... ;) What was in the pitch?

"Just know one thing, we are better than Albany." haha. kidding. don't think it's appropriate to post but lot of the regular stuff you would think. Mostly offering him money and cars..... KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by DanesRGood

Was the windbreaker from Cheshire? Delaware got commitments from the Kehoe brothers...both are 6'4 ish, one is a QB and one is a TE. We were after both kids. Cheshire Academy is pretty close to Hartford. In that area, not many great football schools but for the prep schools (Cheshire, Avon, Canterbury, etc.)

Was the windbreaker from Cheshire? Delaware got commitments from the Kehoe brothers...both are 6'4 ish, one is a QB and one is a TE. We were after both kids. Cheshire Academy is pretty close to Hartford. In that area, not many great football schools but for the prep schools (Cheshire, Avon, Canterbury, etc.)

Northwest Catholic I think.

• 6 months later...

2016 recruiting: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/recruiting-insider/wp/2015/07/23/for-patuxent-wr-greg-leonard-the-summer-camp-trail-spans-far-and-wide/

WR ponying up $60 to have Gattuso and staff watch him in camp...I don't think that was happening before??

Seems a lot of schools are doing these one day camps. From what I understand they pay for it because it is instructional and not just a scouting exercise, although I'm sure that is what the coaches use it for.