UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2017

You Guys are just youngsters.

Rich Margison only played 3 years and may have been the best player ever to wear a Great Dane uniform (and if not the best ever, he was [in my opinion]; the most GLUTCH player ever.)

Jason Graber though undersized played all three front court positions and was equally adept @ the 1 & 2.

I never saw Gary Holway play except in a couple of alumni games {even I am not that old}, but he is still top 1-3 in many all time offensive stats.

You Guys are just youngsters.

Rich Margison only played 3 years and may have been the best player ever to wear a Great Dane uniform (and if not the best ever, he was [in my opinion]; the most GLUTCH player ever.)

Jason Graber though undersized played all three front court positions and was equally adept @ the 1 & 2.

I never saw Gary Holway play except in a couple of alumni games {even I am not that old}, but he is still top 1-3 in many all time offensive stats.

First games I went to was when I was a student and Graber was there. I remember the D3 tourney that year (1994) against NYU to go to the final four. Graber hit two 3 pointers in a row to get within 2 points but NYU pulled it out. Crazy game. I remember some sort of controversy towards the end of the game but can't remember whether it was a ref's call or something else. Ah, the memories.

This is all totally off topic. :)

• Like 1

It was a phantom foul call. Quite awful.

Then, we had 2.4 seconds left and Gary Murray dribbled past two guys...thought he didn't have too much time left (he had just over a second left) and launched a shot just beyond half court that toilet bowled out of the rim. The only clock at that time was above the floor.

The next year, we got the scorers table clock.

It was a phantom foul call. Quite awful.

Then, we had 2.4 seconds left and Gary Murray dribbled past two guys...thought he didn't have too much time left (he had just over a second left) and launched a shot just beyond half court that toilet bowled out of the rim. The only clock at that time was above the floor.

The next year, we got the scorers table clock.

I'm always confused. Did you play for the bball team when you were in school? A bunch of my friends sat behind the NYU bench and were not very nice to the NYU team throughout the game. I sat across from the bench watching and laughing.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to imagine we are out of the picture with Anthony Mack. He's announced he's going to decide in October. He's had fall visits with Duquense, Wyoming and Memphis.

Ended up making a decision a couple days past his time frame..but Mack committed to Wyoming this week. His prep year apparently generated the higher offers he was hoping for. Gets to play in the Mountain West against UNLV, San Diego State and New Mexico..but that sure is a long ways from home. Will be interesting to see how his career plays out.

A couple other potential recruits made commitments this week: Lat Mayen is headed to TCU and JUCO Ezekiel Charles will play for former UAlbany Associate HC Eric Eaton at Quinnipiac.

I have to imagine we are out of the picture with Anthony Mack. He's announced he's going to decide in October. He's had fall visits with Duquense, Wyoming and Memphis.

Ended up making a decision a couple days past his time frame..but Mack committed to Wyoming this week. His prep year apparently generated the higher offers he was hoping for. Gets to play in the Mountain West against UNLV, San Diego State and New Mexico..but that sure is a long ways from home. Will be interesting to see how his career plays out.

A couple other potential recruits made commitments this week: Lat Mayen is headed to TCU and JUCO Ezekiel Charles will play for former UAlbany Associate HC Eric Eaton at Quinnipiac.

Maybe not so strange of a move, he has family out west somewhere. I guess too if you've lived on the east coast and want to experience something different for college, Wyoming would certainly be different.

Didn't realize Jamie Dixon was now coaching at TCU.

Press release on the signing of the three Aussies for 2017 - http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=70287&SPID=7999&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211285598&DB_OEM_ID=15800

UALBANY MEN’S BASKETBALL ANNOUNCES SIGNING OF THREE AUSTRALIAN PLAYERS FOR 2017-18 CLASS
UAlbany Sports Information 11-09-2016
SendMail.gifPrinterIcon.gif

ALBANY, N.Y.The UAlbany men’s basketball team has announced the addition of three players from Australia to the 2017-18 freshman class.

Brent Hank, Cameron Healy and Adam Lulka will come to the Northern Hemisphere to suit up for the Great Danes starting in the 2017-18 season.

“We are very excited about our 2017 recruiting class, we were able to continue the Australian pipeline that has been so good to us over the years,” said UAlbany head coach Will Brown. “Brent, Adam and Cameron are quality student-athletes from wonderful families. Brent and Adam add great size and ability to our frontcourt and Cameron will add versatility and talent to our backcourt. I am confident that all three will have a positive impact on our university, basketball program and community!”

UAlbany will continue to have representatives from Australia after the graduation of Mike Rowley following this season. Former UAlbany players Peter Hooley, Sam Rowley and Luke Devlin all were former players from Australia.

All three players signed National Letters of Intent to play for UAlbany during Signing Day.

Brent Hank – Forward - 6-10, 245 – Port Lincoln, Australia – Trinity College
Hank, coming to UAlbany from Trinity College near Adelaide, was a member of the U19 Australian Emus Team. He also competed with the combined SA Metro/Country team in the U20 Australian Championships, taking the squad to a bronze medal in February.

Brown on Hank: “Brent has a great combination of size, length, and mobility. He will be able to help us immediately defensively and on the glass. He will provide us with a paint presence. His offense continues to improve and he has the work ethic that will allow him to be successful.”

Cameron Healy – Guard – 6-2, 190 – Sydney, Australia – Montverde Academy (Fla.)
Healy played at point guard in the U16 Australian Junior Championships in 2013, taking the New South Wales team to a second place finish. He came to the USA from Australia’s Scots College and is playing for Montverde Academy, a national championship team in Florida.

Brown on Healy: “Cameron is a talented combo guard who has the ability to distribute the ball as well as score it effectively and efficiently. He is physically ready to compete at the D1 level. He can score at all 3 levels and has a very high basketball IQ.”

Adam Lulka – Forward – 6-8, 240 – Sydney, Australia – The King’s School
Lulka joins the Great Danes after competing at the U19 national level. He took the New South Wales All-Schools team to a national title in the School Sports Australia championships in August and is a member of the U22 Youth League Men All-Star Five Selection.

Brown on Lulka: “Adam is a tough, physical power forward who can finish above the rim. He plays with great physicality and poise. He is comfortable and effective playing with his back to the basket. Adam is physically ready to compete at the college level.”

• Like 2

Very happy to see they've signed! The Aussie pipeline continues. I've seen some complaints that UA is recruiting players from Australia instead of from NY. IMHO those players have to come to the US because they can't get an athletic scholarship down under....so if they are coming here, why not to UA? Height, beef and talent...a nice combination spread over the three. Welcome to UA!

The Aussie pipeline continues. I've seen some complaints that UA is recruiting players from Australia instead of from NY.

I'm not sure I understand that complaint. In general, part of the university experience is having people from different countries, cultures, etc. Plus, Aussie are awesome.

The Aussie pipeline continues. I've seen some complaints that UA is recruiting players from Australia instead of from NY.

I'm not sure I understand that complaint. In general, part of the university experience is having people from different countries, cultures, etc. Plus, Aussie are awesome.

Who's complaining about it? I've seen this ridiculous nonsense from some LCC fans.

This was brought up on the LCC forum...evidently they are upset that taxpayer money or money US residents give to the school for tuition is being used on foreigners. Bunch of losers....again and again.

Edited by Eli

This was brought up on the LCC forum...evidently they are upset that taxpayer money or money US residents give to the school for tuition is being used on foreigners. Bunch of losers....again and again.

It's primarily two dudes over there, one of whom goes by the name olddave. Same dude that is super upset that Cremo got robbed in that he's to good for the AE and UA and should have gone higher but UA swindled him into committing.

Guy is a serious nut-job and I smack him around regularly.

Edited by Clickclack

Very happy to see they've signed! The Aussie pipeline continues. I've seen some complaints that UA is recruiting players from Australia instead of from NY. IMHO those players have to come to the US because they can't get an athletic scholarship down under....so if they are coming here, why not to UA? Height, beef and talent...a nice combination spread over the three. Welcome to UA!

The green (and yellow) monster rears its head again!