UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2017

The Aussie pipeline continues. I've seen some complaints that UA is recruiting players from Australia instead of from NY.

I'm not sure I understand that complaint. In general, part of the university experience is having people from different countries, cultures, etc. Plus, Aussie are awesome.

This was brought up on the LCC forum...evidently they are upset that taxpayer money or money US residents give to the school for tuition is being used on foreigners. Bunch of losers....again and again.

Who pays attention to those idiots. Do they know they play in an arena built by taxpayers. Raise their rent so taxpayers might get some value from that garbage school

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We just offered a shooting guard for 2017, Skylar Nash, 6 5 out of Chicago. Wonder if that means someone else is leaving since I thought we were full for 2017.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/skyler-nash

I have no knowledge on the behind the scenes stuff and no sources, just my own observation, but my money is still on Grayson...it's hard for kids to go from being a huge part of the rotation and being a starter to being absolutely and utterly benched. If anyone from this team leaves, it's going to be him. I can't imagine it's an easy thing to choke down and not many kids are resilient enough to take that across the chin and get back up and be even better. It'd be one thing if he was still getting 10-15 min a game and Brown was just changing something up to make the line ups work better and be more cohesive...but that's not what happened.

Just my $0.02.

We just offered a shooting guard for 2017, Skylar Nash, 6 5 out of Chicago. Wonder if that means someone else is leaving since I thought we were full for 2017.

I'd like a chance to root for this kid. Cancer diagnosis before his senor year is probably why he's in prep school this year. After Mike Black and David Nichols, another Chicago guard sounds good to me.

Don't you always need to recruit for more than the open scholarships you have because of the possibility of players transferring?