UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany Law School

Underpar

Any SUNY graduate who is accepted at Albany Law will be able to apply for a Legal Fellowship. A Legal Fellowship is not defined. Bottom line is that this is a way for SUNY graduates who are accepted at Albany Law to obtain a substantial reduction in tuition.

I have not actually discussed this with anyone who has actual knowledge. What I do know is that there is a lot of interest in making law school more affordable. This appears to be a step towards that end. Get accepted at Albany Law, apply for and be awarded a UAlbany fellowship, and tuition is reduced by almost 50%. The fellowship has not been clearly explained. I think this is the type of affiliation which is being worked on.

Union Graduate College to merge with Clarkson.

Maybe UA could pick up Pharmacy as well as Albany Law from the deconstructing Union affiliation or whatever it was. Pharmacy doesn't want to be left alone, do they?

http://m.bizjournals.com/albany/news/2015/03/02/union-graduate-college-to-explore-merger-with.html?r=full

Union Graduate College to merge with Clarkson.

Maybe UA could pick up Pharmacy as well as Albany Law from the deconstructing Union affiliation or whatever it was. Pharmacy doesn't want to be left alone, do they?

http://m.bizjournals.com/albany/news/2015/03/02/union-graduate-college-to-explore-merger-with.html?r=full

I saw this in the Chronicle of Higher Education this week. "Union Univeristy" is now left with Albany Medical College, Albany Law School, Dudley Observatory, and the Albany College of Pharmacy. Not sure what the impact will be with the graduate college leaving. Hopefully more will follow (i.e., ALS merging with UA).

I thought "Union University" was a pretty thin admin. layer without much overlap between the institutions.

From what I've read and people I've spoken to, this will be a merger / absorption / whatever you want to call it with ALS. They are doing it 'step wise' to make sure things go well, but the intent on both sides is a full, unqualified merger. At least that's what I've been hearing - take it for what it's worth (FWIW I was the first one to post about the nano split... so maybe I know something. Maybe I don't) There are really no naysayers on this -- of course some ALS alums would just love SUNY to give ALS a ton of cash and be done with it, but that's not really going to happen now.

I'm much more interested and excited about downstate med - although that might be trickier since downstate is on good financial footing. But possibly path smoothed because it's within SUNY. Having a medical school would almost certainly mean AAU membership -- we're on the bubble without it. Strangely, losing Nano didn't hurt that much since the research funding was almost all from industry, which the academics (stupidly in my opinion) discount. aka not "peer reviewed". whatever... But Downstate + what we're doing in cancer, the RNA Institute, genomics, etc. is really impressive.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear UAlbany Faculty and Staff:

Please join members of UAlbany’s leadership team in the continued consultative dialogue about our affiliation with Albany Law School.

•

Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 2-3 p.m.

Assembly Hall, Campus Center, Uptown Campus

•

Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 2:30-3:30 p.m.

Milne Hall 200, Downtown Campus

•

Monday, April 6, 2015, University Senate meeting,

2:45-4:00 p.m. Assembly Hall, Campus Center, Uptown Campus

These meetings offer an opportunity to learn more about the ongoing conversation with Albany Law School to achieve deeper, mutually beneficial academic affiliation and to share your thoughts and ideas.

Sincerely,

Robert J. Jones

President

• 2 months later...

May 29, 2015

To the University at Albany and Albany Law School Communities:

As we celebrate our recent class of graduates, we wanted to update you regarding the affiliation activity between the University at Albany and Albany Law School.

We have continued to explore synergies on several fronts, making particularly exciting progress in the academic arena. It is clear to us that our students and faculties have much to gain from a stronger affiliation between our two schools.

For example, we have recently received state approval for a new certificate in Health and Human Rights that will be available to all of our students. We are also working on new collaborative degree programs that we will launch over the next several months.

As a result of this progress, we are pleased to announce that we have signed a Memorandum of Intent (MOI) articulating our shared intention to continue the exploration process. And we will work toward completing a mutually beneficial Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) by the end of October 2015. The MOA will capture the major tenets of the relationship and outline the specific goals of a deeper affiliation between the University at Albany and Albany Law School.

The trustees, administration, and faculty of our two institutions will continue to be informed and involved as we spend the next five months shaping our collaboration. We will also continue to seek input from students and alumni as our discussions progress. We intend to communicate regularly, hold open town meetings, and respond to concerns.

Since we believe many of you may have questions about this affiliation, we have developed a Frequently Asked Questions resource for your convenience.

Sincerely,

Robert J. Jones, President Alicia Ouellette, Dean

University at Albany Albany Law School