UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany Law School

Underpar

I like the approach they are taking...instead of brute forcing it, measure, steady progress, communicating with all the various constituents as they go. This is developing quite organically, I like it!

The process seems to be well received. Lots of quotes at the end of the article supporting the affiliation. Hopefully we'll continue to see integration.

Big picture question. There is a lot of details but what is the net result? A signed affiliation?

For example, Scripts Marine Research has a UC San Diego web address and although Scripts is a private research organization it's also clear it's basically part of UCSD.

Example: https://scripps.ucsd.edu

Will the "affiliation" be part of the branding?

Edited by SoCal_Dane

So Law is in the works...now how about Engineering?

If you go to the main UAlbany site you'll see both colleges, Engineering and Homeland Security, are being announced... So engineering is live. Granted it's currently just a shell holding computer science but I'm guessing more will come.

Just checked it out, pretty awesome...thanks! Dr Jones is THE MAN!

It's interesting to read through Michigan State and New Hampshire's experience with this same journey.

Although starting slow in 5 years time the two institutions may be pretty intertwined.

1) The graduates in 5 years will have entered Albany Law fully aware and accepting of the UA affiliation

2) Those grads will have taken courses on both campuses.

3) Back office system integrations will have occurred

4) Back office team and process integrations such as recruiting efforts will have taken place

5) Cost savings that would be hard to walk away from will have been achieved.

If all goes well in 5 years a next step like with Franklin Pierce becoming UNH Law would be obvious and welcomed at least from the stance of students who only ever knew this environment and administrators who have to keep the school cost competitive.

In 5 years the only detractors I see are a minority of alumni but I don't see that stopping the train. Some alumni like those that went to Detroit will never accept the parent institution (MSU) but that sorts itself out with time.

Edited by SoCal_Dane