UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Asses In The Seats?

How much longer is the contract with SEFCU?

It expires November 1st of 2016, as we signed a 10 year deal on November 1st, 2006. So, we're almost done.

You thinking we can get a bigger sponsor (more revenue)?

==============

Some information about SEFCU Arena:

• Opened: 1992 (ground was broken in 1990)
  • Official Capacity: 4,538
  • Construction Cost: $11M in 1992 dollars, ~$18.5M in 2015 dollars
  • Architect: Mesick Cohen Waite Architects
  • General Contractor: U.W. Marx Construction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEFCU_Arena

Edited by Ilko

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It expires November 1st of 2016, as we signed a 10 year deal on November 1st, 2006. So, we're almost done.

==============

Maybe just a bigger contract with SEFCU?

Question, does the America East set prices for the tournament games now at each home teams venue?

==============

If there is an increase it will be marginal...not nearly enough IMO to fund any meaningful renovations.

I'll go back to what I said much earlier. The biggest things to get me, and more people like me (30-50 year old local, familiy, dual income, kids), to additional games is not ticket prices, is not more winning, it's all about the arena. Although a bigger overhaul would be better, the actual things that would improve it for me are fairly minor...

1. Chair backs throughout the sideline seats. It might remove a little capacity, but that would be fine if all the seats were full

2. Video scoreboard

3. Renovation to the Western Ave side entrance to the facility. Make an actual entrance there, with some big logos, a ticket office, and a welcoming entrance. Additional concessions in the new 'Atrium' would be nice as well.

I think building an addition on to that side of the building taking up some of the grass and sidewalk there wouldn't have to be huge to accomplish the above goals, could probably be done for around a million bucks if not less, and would make it more appealing - especially being next to the football stadium.

Every time I bring the wife and kids to a game they complain that they would rather see Siena play. Not because they are Siena fans, but because the arena is more inviting and more pleasant, and the TUC sucks so that is actually saying a lot.

Edited by godanesgo99

Haha hypothetically if they do find the funds..where would they play during that time. Gotta plan ahead!

At least University Gym (up to 3,000?) is a lot bigger than Pritchard was for Stony Brook.

Glens Falls Civic Center probably too far north.

Don't think they've ever played basketball at RPI's Houston Field House.

D-III and High school gyms in the area probably aren't big enough.

Wouldn't want to lower ourselves to asking to use $iena's ARC.

Looks like the Times-Union Center (conflicts and too big) or the Washington Avenue Armory (3,600 but no parking)

HVCC has a nice facility.

HVCC is a nice school period. Did my first 2 years there from 2005-2006 to 2008. It's gotten even nicer since I left. Not to mention there is plenty of parking right next to the complex (in front of the admin building, etc.)

Edited by Ilko