UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Photos-University-at-Albany-Class-of-2019-6459861.php

Love the pictures a sea of gold, nice way to introduce the new students.

The first child from my UAlbany group of friends is in that picture. He is so excited that his daughter chose to go to his (and his wife's) alma mater. So cool and happy for them.

From what I read - UB has an entirely new system with a new coach. Depending on how quick the players will adapt will determine the success. I think Albany has a much better chance at keeping the game close with it being the first game of the season than they would if it were week 4...

Prediction - 41-20 Buffalo

It could go either way. I honestly think our defense will be better, special teams should be the same, offense will depend on how quick the QBs are up to speed. After reading things again, it appears

Sussman, not Brunson, is indeed the back-up QB. Sussman appears to be a good runner so it could be he's a 1-2 punch with Crook (UB Board says UA is starting a "criminal" at QB). The O-Line

should be better with another year under their belts. Omar and Parker are hard to replace as is Cole King. BUT, they've got a heck of a crew of receivers. We always look at "levels" of play, NEC (33s scholarships)

vs CAA (65) vs MAC (85). I think the lower tier teams in the MAC are a lot closer to the CAA than they are to the top levels of D1-A. Last year, Duquesne took UB to the 4th 1/4 and had a lead before UB

finally scored 2 TDs to put them away…and the Dukes are 33 scholarships. Speaking of the NEC, in 2014 Bryant beat Stony Brook and Maine, CCSU beat Towson and RI and Sacred Heart beat Delaware. There

was not a huge gap. I doubt UA will beat UB, but they may be able to compete for a while before the superior quality depth takes over. Hope I am wrong of course!

Forgot that UB has the new coaching staff from Wisc-WW. Pretty much a D3 staff with a stellar record at that level. So yes, that's all new.

Edited by jimbo
  • Like 1

Albany Game Notes - in previous years these often didn't come out until Tuesday or Wed.

Weird seeing the O-Tackles listed at only 240 while the guards are 300 and 330. Our O-line was a lot bigger than this 15 years ago. I assume now they're a lot more athletic, but still I guess we won't be running any power sweeps with pulling guards.

Edited by UAalum72