UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Patch

Jamar Wilson

Jamar was chosen Australian NBL Player of the Year

Also Guard of the Year and of course 1st Team all Australian NBL

• Like 1

UAAA UA UA UAAAAAAA UAAAAAAAA UAAAAAAAAA

Good for Jamar.

The best player in school history - an uncanny ability to create his own shot and also getting to the line.

I found this messageboard after reading an article about him around the time he was a freshman.

Coming off his NBL POY recognition..looks like Jamar signed a contract to finish out the season with SPO Rouen in France's top league LNB Pro A. He'll be joining former UVM/BC forward Joe Tripani on the team. Tripani was on the UVM team that Jamar and Co. beat for the 2007 title in Burlington.

Didn't Jason Siggers play for Rouen?

Good for Jamar. Some articles / fan boards I read in Australia said that he wasn't going to be more than a 6th man, and wasn't worth the full points (it's a point system cap allocation in the NBL) for a foreign player for any team signing with his next team after Cairns.

Shut those guys up quickly.

Didn't Jason Siggers play for Rouen? - D96

Yes before they moved up to the A level.

What a year for UA sports, the Community, the School (losing Nano but, looking like we are gaining a law school), and for our Alumni.

Great Job, Jamar!

If I had to guess, probably $125-150k. At least, in the NBL (Australia). They have a cap of around $1M per team, so to field a 10-12 man roster you'd have to split that up. I'm basing that on the fact that he was a great player in that league and an MVP candidate (don't recall if he won one or not).

Edited by Ilko

A buddy of mine played ball at D2 Chico State and went on to play in a pro league in Denmark. Didn't get payed much, but he has some pretty wild stories about his lifestyle during those years.

according to his facebook and some other places on twitter, Jamar received his Finnish citizenship (his wife is Finnish) and will play for the Finland National Team in the European Championships this year. BIG CONGRATS!

Congrats to Jamar on the birth of his son Sebastian Augustus Elias Wilson a whopping 10.3lbs and 22". Mom and son are both doing well!!!

• Like 5