UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

#3 Oklahoma vs. #14 Albany

As a program now, I'm past the point of just hoping for "respect" and playing well. I want a win. It would certainly be a very big upset, but we have proven we can play well in big games, and play good teams very tough. By no means am I "expecting" a win, but certainly will not be happy with just playing them tough as in the past. We're a legit mid-major, and we will eventually strike gold in the tournament.

+1

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you've made it when you have your own emoji, lol.

Washington Post: 2015 NCAA TOURNAMENT EMOJI

Show your March Madness spirit with these mascot emoji. Find your favorite team, save the emoji to your phone and text it to your friends.

Because nobody uses their words anymore.

albanyGreatDanes.png

http://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/sports/ncaa-march-madness-emoji/?tid=sm_tw

Edited by MsGDG

Show your March Madness spirit with these mascot emoji. Find your favorite team, save the emoji to your phone and text it to your friends.

albanyGreatDanes.png

http://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/sports/ncaa-march-madness-emoji/?tid=sm_tw

THAT IS F*****G AWESOME

As a program now, I'm past the point of just hoping for "respect" and playing well. I want a win. It would certainly be a very big upset, but we have proven we can play well in big games, and play good teams very tough. By no means am I "expecting" a win, but certainly will not be happy with just playing them tough as in the past. We're a legit mid-major, and we will eventually strike gold in the tournament.

+1

I get what you're saying, but we aren't there yet. I'd love a win just like the next guy, but OU has borderline NBA talent (Buddy Hield) and had Blake Griffin a few years ago. While Jamar is certainly killing it a world away in Australia/Europe, we don't have that kind of talent yet. We just can't compete for 40 minutes with teams like that..which is why we always play those types of teams tough for 30 minutes or so before it becomes out of reach. Could it happen? Sure. Will it? Unlikely. BUT, upsets do happen so...just like the last few seconds saturday..."You never know"

I'm just being realistic with my expectations.

Again, my "expectations" are not to win. I'm not expecting a win. But I'm past just being content. I want a win. Want/expect are two very different things. I think the whole "let's play for respect" is BS at this point. Three tournaments in a row - five in the last 9 years. We should not just be playing for respect.

The only thing we can do as a program to make a jump, in my opinion, in terms of status/recruiting etc., is to finally get an upset. We've been fairly close 3 of the last 4 appearances.

And in all of those games, excluding 2006, I don't even think we played all that well considering.

I guarantee that at this point, while they know they are favorites, no 2-5 seed wants to play a veteran 12-15 seed that has been in the tournament the last two years. To top it off, we played arguably the two best teams the last two years at the time in Duke and UF. I don't think OU is on their level at all - doesn't mean it will be similar outcome this time or that we will play better, but we've shown we can play p5 conferences well. We lost to providence by 4 early this year.

OU lost to Washington and Stony beat Washington.

It's very possible.

If they can control tempo, find good shots, and get to the FT line they will have a shot to win. They won't be scared, they've been here before. Coach Brown will keep them loose, and they'll have their legs, as they won't be playing a First Four game. Let's Go Danes!!

+1. I believe that the major difference between a mid-major and a p5 school is tempo. If a p5 school plays down to "mid-major" tempo-ish gameplay, the best advantage to have in the tournament. This creates upsets.

albanyGreatDanes.png

Don't forget to scroll to the bottom to see the "Missed the Dance" section.............

I'll say this, if at any point in the game 0-9 from three we are in trouble.

McObvious. Maybe we got that out of our system in the SB game and we come out red hot. In our last NCAA appearance in Columbus, I think we fell behind 16-0 to Virginia if I remember correctly. That is the one thing we can not let happen - a quick smack down by OU. Keep it reasonably close and make them have to think about the game.