UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

#3 Oklahoma vs. #14 Albany

As an FYI, flying to Cleveland or Cincy may be cheaper. It's about an hour 45 min to Columbus from each...maybe less from Cleveland, if memory serves.

Maybe check Southwest to Akron or Cleveland - probably requires a connection somewhere though.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tournament as one of the greatest sporting events but having the announcement this close always makes flights $$$$. Especially from a small airport to a small airport.

This one is drivable if I can get the day off . $84 for gas plus tolls ~$20 -$25

The tournament as one of the greatest sporting events but having the announcement this close always makes flights $$$$. Especially from a small airport to a small airport.

This one is drivable if I can get the day off . $84 for gas plus tolls ~$20 -$25

Certainly a possibility but that 9 hour return trip could be ugly.

As an FYI, flying to Cleveland or Cincy may be cheaper. It's about an hour 45 min to Columbus from each...maybe less from Cleveland, if memory serves.

Cincinnati is closer than Cleveland. Cleveland is 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 if memory is right, but I don't know where the airport is

Certainly a possibility but that 9 hour return trip could be ugly.

We drove Dayton to Albany in one shot last year. It's ugly but doable...and Columbus is closer than Dayton. At least it's not Portland.

I love our Danes, but Buffalo is good. MAC POY Moss on UB is great even on a bad ankle. I'd rather try to guard Warney than Moss. But I'd rather not have to guard either of them. Shaw is a nice PG for UB too. I can't say whether they deserve a 12 seed, but I believe they would win the America East if they were in our league.

Footnote: not impressed with Buffalo's defense or perimeter shooting.

Edited by UA_MA_2000

Season ticket holders got an email. No real info just letting them know that once they have info they'll send it along.

Also said the the Alumni Assoc. is currently trying to figure out bus transportation.

Once the time of the game is determined I'm sure plans can then be solidified. Till then... we wait.

I did the drive to Columbus a few times for work. It's about 10 hours. Could be a fun road trip with a ride shared between a few people. Gas and tolls split 4 ways would be about $25 each. I'm considering making the drive if I can get tickets. I have a good feeling about this game, but it's gonna be tough.

Edited by godanesgo99

Looking at OU schedule, they lost to Washington, SBU beat Washington, we beat SBU.......hmmmmmm

Yeah, noticed that too. But they have beaten Kansas, Iowa State, Baylor, West Virginia, Texas, etc. This is a seriously good team. We're gonna need to come out of the gate way better than we did against SBU.

East Preview - with Video Matt Norelander

3. This could be a region with real chaos

Look around. LSU in the 8/9 game is a danger. The Tigers have the talent to play with Villanova. Not saying they'll win, but it's lurking. Belmont is actually a great matchup for Virginia, considering how the Bruins can light it up and let it fly from deep. Providence is among my favorite Elite Eight dark horses in the field. And I'm not so certain Albany doesn't beat Oklahoma.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25109168

Edited by MsGDG