UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Let's Fix SEFCU!

I gave my tickets to my brother and nephew last night as I had a conflict. What side is the board on? Just curious if I will be able to see it from my seats. I'm in 200 (across from the benches. Is it placed where I can see it, or is it visible from the team bench?

Northeast corner.

(Across from the home bench; above the walkway to the visitor's locker room and auxiliary bathrooms.)

Big difference between a "video board" and a "video screen". The AE tourney featured the latter. The former is what we all want, including Brown. They run a few hundred thousand dollars or so.

That's big news, and I think what Benson was talking about because that would be big and welcome news. I do know he stated as part of the $10 million gift, the SEFCU would received some game day upgrades. This would be one of those upgrades.

He has stated his goal is to totally gut SEFCU...but that will take some fancy footwork over the next couple of years. First, you need a place for Indoor track (field house). Then you gut SEFCU, either flipping the floor direction or raising the roof. We need about $30-$50 million to complete those two tasks.

It's why I would love clarification on "board".

;)

Edited by Dane96

I don't know if it's a terrible opinion, but I like the capacity of the arena. i don't think that needs upgrade. If anything, I wanna make it more of a bowl setting. I wanna have seats in those corners and pretty much tunnels that the teams run out of. Capacity wise I like what the program has.

and yes...I want a new scoreboard badly...ALONG WITH A NEW WEBSITE!

I don't know if it's a terrible opinion, but I like the capacity of the arena. i don't think that needs upgrade. If anything, I wanna make it more of a bowl setting. I wanna have seats in those corners and pretty much tunnels that the teams run out of. Capacity wise I like what the program has.

To do bowl seating, you would lose a huge number of seats. That's why this would have to be a total gut job, and likely a second deck (why I think flipping the court may work), to get back over 4,000 seats, which to me is the magic number. Preference would be 5,800 seats in the event we ever decide to move to a CAA or hybrid conference.

Regarding the board/screen...

I'm pretty sure this is a board and not a screen. Screen to me means something that is projected onto. That is not the case here...this is a board (multiple little TV's if you will) that is getting live display data from the AV system. If you go behind it, you can see dozens of blinking red and green lights. This is basically a giant TV, not a screen with a projector. I don't think you can get a better unit and if you can, why waste the money? This one is fine. Just get another one in the opposite corner or even one in each corner (to help fill out the empty space in the corners and make it feel more closed in).

To do bowl seating, you would lose a huge number of seats. That's why this would have to be a total gut job, and likely a second deck (why I think flipping the court may work), to get back over 4,000 seats, which to me is the magic number. Preference would be 5,800 seats in the event we ever decide to move to a CAA or hybrid conference.

I agree with Dane. We don't need more than 6000. That would be the perfect amount. We don't need 11,000 like the TUC, that's just a waste. We need another 1,500 or so and we'll be golden.

Definitely need a new website and some other site related stuff...

Edited by Ilko

Should darken the screen of the TV during intros, It loses some effect with the light.

I'd like to add new speakers to the want list. It's hard to understand the PA announcer sometimes, especially when speaking number of fouls on a player.

Whole system needs a revamp, including possibly the sound engineer who controls it lol. Sometimes, especially turning cheerleading stuff, they need more bass and less treble.

As for the TV, I think it's fine during intro's. Virtually no arena is pitch black with only spotlights during intros. Most modern arenas have arena ribbons, the overhead scoreboard playing something, etc. during intro's which gives it a little bit of light. Turn it down? Sure. Turn it off, not sure I like that.

I will say this though...there is one camera (seemingly) that they put on the screen which has a very cold color to it. They need to replace that camera. All the whites are pretty blue (cold) on screen. When they switch to zoomed in angles such as of the kids dancing yesterday, it was fine...so I don't think it's the TV, it's one of the cameras. Possibly the one at the top right behind our section.

Playing the Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme) during the visiting team's introduction was inspired. Well done.

I actually thought keeping the arena dark(er) during the game was a worthwhile experiment. I'm not sure why people got so upset about it - maybe they can't read the game notes or keep track of stats in the dark?

I was watching a few other games during the day yesterday and notices how much darker the crowd area is from the court. Then I started watching our game and I thought, wow, they are going with the darker crowd and bright court lighting. Then the light came on. Not sure whether that was initially meant to be that way as an experiment or they just couldn't get the lights on. On the AmericaEast.TV feed there was no audio from Roger and Zack until the lights in the crowd came on so maybe there was a problem?