UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Athletic Page

GreatDanes06

This is like beating a dead horse...HOW THE HECK DOES THIS SCHOOL ALLOW THE WEBSITE TO LOOK SO DAMN CHEAP!? University has made the schools page so updated...I actually went and looked at the other schools in the conference...then looked at D3 schools websites...FOR THE LOVE OF G-D PLEASE UPGRADE! To quote VP Biden "It looks like something out of a 3rd world country".

Has anyone heard anything about a possible upgrade? It just angers me so much.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe someone posted on here a while ago that the contract had been given to someone new and work was in progress...but don't quote me on that.

I do agree that our sports sites needs some TLC.

Edited by Ilko

There are quite a few athletic sites out there that look basically the same and are light years ahead of UA's. So there must be some off the shelf web design for

college sports. Is UA reinventing the wheel here? I agree, it looks bad. Even AMTRAK updated their site LOL.

There are quite a few athletic sites out there that look basically the same and are light years ahead of UA's. So there must be some off the shelf web design for

college sports. Is UA reinventing the wheel here? I agree, it looks bad. Even AMTRAK updated their site LOL.

I took a look at UA's source code and it's using decent technology/techniques (CSS, etc.) but the code itself is quite messy (I'm not a developer but do write a little code here or there and if someone worked for me who wrote code like that, well...) and the bigger problem is just the images used to 'draw' the page. It's 1990ish Lycos stuff.

• 4 months later...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! Benson just said new website within the next few months. Easier to do a lot of things for fans and a site we deserve. Said it has taken a while to put it together (almost a year), but it's coming soon.

• 4 months later...

Can't believe it's going to actually happen. Disappointing to learn it's with the current provider who created our existing joke of a website. I believe they have at least once redone the current site, am I mistaken?

Took a look at their website, they have some pretty big clients. Hope I'm wrong...

Edited by Clickclack

Can't believe it's going to actually happen. Disappointing to learn it's with the current provider who created our existing joke of a website. I believe they have at least once redone the current site, am I mistaken?

Took a look at their website, they have some pretty big clients. Hope I'm wrong...

Probably a 'you get what you pay for' type deal with NeuLion on the current site when they redid it.

Definitely a well known and has some very big clients. They do a ton of very good university websites so I'm not surprised they are using them again. I hope they bucked up for the premium site rebuild.

• 4 weeks later...